Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

karabear15

Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone knew of decent, yet not very pricey hotels in the fort lauderdale area? Looking for something that is close to both the airport and hotel...yet has views of the intercoastal, or better yet, right on the water. I would prefer any Marriot, or Hyatt hotels as I have reward points for either. Thanks much!

If you want something on the water, it's going to be pricey. The Hyatt Pier 66 has port/intercoastal views, but it's definitely not worth the money they overcharge you, in my opinion. Unless you can get it for reward points. There's a Renaissance on 17th Street right near the port, and the top floors probably have a good water view. That would be my first choice. And there's a Hilton right on the intercoastal, across from the Hyatt -- my brother has stayed there and recommends it. Then there are a host of second-tier hotels (Comfort Suites, Hyatt Place, etc.) but I don't know anything about them. People on my last cruise out of FLL seemed to like the Hyatt Place North but it's not near the water. Check out a site like Orbitz: they'll have a good map and you can see where all the properties are located and compare rates. In general, if a property is near the airport, it's near the port, and vice versa, as the port is practically spitting distance from the end of the runway.

Hyatt Place North is on 17th street, just a few blocks from the port. They have a free shuttle to/from the airport and the pier. They also have a free breakfast. They are also very convenient to Total Wine and the supermarket (only a block away) should you want to buy wine or supplies before boarding. There's a CVS and a Bank of America within a short walk, and inexpensive restaurants nearby. There's an Outback almost next door.

Thanks for the info, I was looking into the pier 66 but now that you say its not really worth the money, ill take it off the list. I don't really care where we stay, its just my boyfriends first time on this sort of vacation, and I want it to be special.

Now the question is, has anyone stayed at the Crowne Plaza ? From the pictures it looks very nice, and apparently its a newer hotel...? I did book it as I had a 150$ credit to put towards it, so the room only cost me 50$ awesome! It met our needs as well, being basically across the street from the port and has shuttle access to/from airport and cruise port.

So if anyone has stayed here, can I get an honest opinion on what you thought of the place? Thanks

We used Priceline and bid after reading posts on the website called betterbidding. If you register you can also ask questions and they may help you identify what is being sold on Hotwire, another discounted site we've used. Look at the Florida posts and also the lists of hotels usually awarded.

On Priceline we got 2 nights at the Riverside, early March after bidding $100 (plus tax)for a 3 star in Las Olas area of Ft. Lauderdale. I first tried 4 stars and got no where. I bid a long way out and many people say to wait until the time gets close. Then you need a back up res. that you can cancel. Once your bid is accepted, you own it so make sure your plans are set in concrete. We wanted the Riverside because we'll have time to take the water taxi and explore a bit. There are many posts on hotels on CC and you can search specific hotels. We bid a 3 star near the FLL airport in April and got the Summerfield Suites for a bid of $45(plus tax). I started my bidding by looking at posts on betterbidding and CC. Also check out hotwire and priceline sites for hotel info.

Now the question is, has anyone stayed at the Crowne Plaza ? From the pictures it looks very nice, and apparently its a newer hotel...? I did book it as I had a 150$ credit to put towards it, so the room only cost me 50$ awesome! It met our needs as well, being basically across the street from the port and has shuttle access to/from airport and cruise port.

So if anyone has stayed here, can I get an honest opinion on what you thought of the place? Thanks

What Crown Plaza are you talking about?

Forgot about the one at the airport.

My favorite is the one in Hollywood Beach.

I love the hotel and it sits on the Intracoastal Waterway and across the street from the beach.

When are you going? The Water Taxi is expanding its route to Hollywood Beach sometime this winter.

Its a newer Crowne Plaza apparently. It is located on St. Rd 84, and according to what the map shows, it looks like it is directly on the other side of the road from the port. We will be arriving January 14th...couldn't be more excited!

These hotels are by the port and some rooms have intracoastal water views:

Renaissance

Hilton Marina

Hyatt Pier 66

2-3 miles away, some rooms have intracoastal views:

Bahia Mar

Marriott Courtyard

Marriott Beach Place Tower

Ritz Carlton

Pillars

Westin

W

Hilton

Atlantic

5-8 miles away, on the intracoastal:

Gallery One

Il Lugano

royalcruz, how would you compare the Westin Diplomat to the Ritz Carlton? Do you know if anyone's won the Ritz by bidding on Priceline? Thanks- Susie

There is a Priceline sticky at the top of this page but I don't know if Ritz Carlton has ever been won. The Westin Diplomat is much bigger and busier and has a nicer pool area, but it is much further from the port...both hotels are very nice. The Ritz Carlton is more convenient if you would like to walk to dinner and drinks outside of the hotel.

Archived