Stateroom Dilemma

lynnealan

Hi this is our first time on RCCI and we have booked a back 2 back for November 2011on F.O.S.. The stateroom we have chosen is an E2 #9704 on the stern. Does anyone have any experience of these and have we made the right choice or should we change.:confused:

Many thanks

Lynne

I also preferred midship and lower floors but I'm very prone to sea sickness. However, that being said, I have stayed up closer to the pools and was fine. It's really just a personal preference. If you don't mind walking too far to the stairs/elevators and don't think you'll have an issue with motion then I wouldn't worry about it.

I think it depends on the person. We love stern cabins but only have them when we cruise without family members, as they don't like them.

We love the huge balconies and we don't mind the walk. Since we spend so much time on our balcony, there is plenty of space to stretch out and watch the view of the wake.

You never know until you try :)

Actually, the only location I don't care for is lower deck cabins, no matter if they are midship. Many people think they will feel less motion in a lower deck, but I found it to be the same as anywhere else on the ship. What I don't care for is feeling like we're in the basement.

We just did a aft JS on Freedom class. I had not noticed before that RCL has only two elevator shafts, (Carnival for instance has 3) .. and its really really a long ways all the way to the aft. I dont think I would pick that cabin again, given the choice. My first aft facing cabin and I wasnt one who fell in love with them.

Actually, the only location I don't care for is lower deck cabins, no matter if they are midship. Many people think they will feel less motion in a lower deck, but I found it to be the same as anywhere else on the ship. What I don't care for is feeling like we're in the basement.

I'm the opposite! Whenever the boat is rocking and I'm up on a higher deck I tend to get a little nauseous but if I go down to my room (or a lower inside deck) I'm usually OK. I know that people also say if you can see the horizon that will help but it actually makes it worse for me!

Hi this is our first time on RCCI and we have booked a back 2 back for November 2011on F.O.S.. The stateroom we have chosen is an E2 #9704 on the stern. Does anyone have any experience of these and have we made the right choice or should we change.:confused:

Many thanks

Lynne

Great cabin. One of the best on the ship.

Super-quiet (something I would've appreciated in our mid-ship cabin recently) because few people walk by your door to get to their own cabin. Unless you have mobility issues, the extra walk is nothing. You're just two flights down from the buffet and the pool -- it's an ideal location. And, of course, there's the extra-large balcony!

I would only give up that cabin IF it could be switched for one of the 7th floor or 10th floor corner afts, which have better balconies.

I think that you got a great cabin! You will have the pleasure of seeing each port as you sail away each evening. You have a very large balcony and a fantastic view of the wake of the ship. I would'nt try to change it if I were you. Have fun!

We enjoy aft cabins and their view. Walking is great to work off the food and we try not to use the elevator too often.

Try and look at pictures of your cabin. Check to see if there will be obstructed view by the rear superstructure. I am not sure if this is a problem on Freedom OS. Forgot to check on our Mariner OS cruise. We were on deck 7, aft Jr Suite. Great room but would not book an aft cabin on that ship again unless on deck 10. Superstructure blocked the sun and views too much.

On the Brilliance OS, we were on deck seven, wrap corner cabin. Fantastic!!! Especially as we left Venice. Enchantment aft cabin was great too.

Many thanks

Lynne

We just got off the Liberty #9706 E1 next door to this cabin. We looked at the balcony. It has 2 lounge chairs and 2 chairs with a small table. It has a single door that opens outward, with glass in it and a round window.

We loved our Aft!! Enjoy your B2B!!!

Thankyou very much for your replies. We are both blessed with our health and don't mind the walk so will stay with what we have. It will be just great to get away from the english winter and enjoy the sun and views from the balcony.

Lynne

Archived