Will I actually need an air conditioned room in Budapest and Prague in Sept?

ann1bell

I am going to book my own rooms for my pre and post Danube cruise stay.

How important is air conditioning in Sept? I see many hotels in Budapest and Prague that do not have it.

Just wanted your opinions. Thanks.

Hard to know what kind of temperatures cause you discomfort.

One source you can use in your planning is Weather Underground, wunderground.com, which will give you an historical range.

One other issue to consider is street noise if you choose to have windows open. Usually Tripadvisor is good on noise issues.

I am going to book my own rooms for my pre and post Danube cruise stay.

How important is air conditioning in Sept? I see many hotels in Budapest and Prague that do not have it.

Just wanted your opinions. Thanks.

I lived in Augsburg, Germany for four years. The weather there is close to Prague and Budapest. In my opinion, you will not need AC in September. In fact, while I was in Germany, I rarely used my AC in the Summer.

Both cities are wonderful, I know you will enjoy your trip.

I was in both places in September 2006 and sincerely regretted the lack of air conditioning. Not only was it uncomfortably hot in our hotel rooms, opening the windows to let in some air made it uncomfortably noisy.

Elise

It depends on who you ask. Most Europeans do not own an airconditioner and do not expect hotels to have one, wheras many Americans need a/c. Please keep in mind that European hotels under 5 star do not have to have a/c, and many 5 star do not have any either. If you insist on aircon, you will most probably end up in impersonal concrete blocks on the edge of town, or in large chain hotels. The charming little places will normally not have aircon.

In my opinion, no, in September you will not need aircon in Prague or Budapest.

Archived