Can anyone tell me about how "Butch" is as a Cruise Director???

Steelermoose

I am looking for some information about "Butch" the cruise director from the liberty. He will be the Cruise Director on my January 2011 DREAM cruise. Last January I unfortunately had to put up with Todd Witmer and his clan of duds. I am hoping to hear some good feedback.

I am looking for some information about "Butch" the cruise director from the liberty. He will be the Cruise Director on my January 2011 DREAM cruise. Last January I unfortunately had to put up with Todd Witmer and his clan of duds. I am hoping to hear some good feedback.

Only my opinion, but UGH!!!

He was the cruise director on a ship I went on a few years back and I thought he did a good job. There rarely is one that I really find so much better than another. Only one cruise director Steve (last name something like Cassel) did I really find a cut above others.

I have actually heard good things about Butch, I guess I will know more in a couple of weeks, as he is back on the Dream on the 11/27 departure.

I have been fortunate enough to have Chris Jefferson & Ryan Fitzgerald, both of whom I liked.

Butch is a fantastic CD. Very outgoing and personable. He interacts well with the passengers and is full of energy. The thing I like the most about him is that he is very genuine. Some CD's seem to be "on" when on stage and their jokes are the same as so many other CD's. I found Butch to be his own person and seemed to genuinely enjoy his job, not just doing it.

Looking forward to having him as our CD in less than 2 weeks.

OP: You will enjoy him as your CD. I felt the same way you do about Todd

Butch was on the Liberty in January, I thought he did a great job. The "morning show" they did was hilarious. He always seems full of energy. So unless you like a quiet Cruise Director...

Butch was on the Liberty in March when we went and thought he did a really good job. Then we were on the Liberty in Oct and we had Kyle and I wanted to jump off the boat.

I was on the verge of jumping over the rails last year because of Todd. He is without doubt, the most uncharismatic and plastic person i have ever had the displeasure of meeting. His humor is non-existant and his ability to pump up the masses is lacking! Thanks to those that responded to this post, as I was praying to the God of Cruise directors that Todd would not be on the Dream in January 2011. I now look forward to Butch.

How do you go about finding out who your cruise director will be on an upcoming cruise?

Go to johnhealdsblog.com, scroll down a bit and on the left side of the page, you can click on the link for the cruise director schedule. It is usually for 6 months at a time and right now the schedule is up only until Dec.2010. John has said the new schedule should be up soon.

Since Butch is just returning from vacation Nov.27, we are assuming he will be on the Dream for the OP in January.

I just checked the schedule for the Glory and Jorge Solano is returning from vacation on Nov.14 so chances are he will be your CD in January 2011 unless there is a big change in re-shuffling CD's.

Go to johnhealdsblog.com, scroll down a bit and on the left side of the page, you can click on the link for the cruise director schedule. It is usually for 6 months at a time and right now the schedule is up only until Dec.2010. John has said the new schedule should be up soon.

Since Butch is just returning from vacation Nov.27, we are assuming he will be on the Dream for the OP in January.

AWESOME! Thanks! I had never noticed that.

I thought that Butch was a HOOT!! He actually stop to talk with the passengers. He wasn't "snooty" like some of the other CD's.:D

.....and once he knows your name, he'll remember it for the rest of the cruise. He said the challenge was to put all the names from the present cruise to the back of the memory bank to make room for the names of new passengers for the next cruise. We will challenge him on Nov. 27 and see if he will remember us and our names from 13 months ago when we were on the Liberty.

Looking forward to him as our CD in less than 2 weeks!:)

I'd say he was good, but not my favorite. Seems personable, but talks way too dang much and fast. He definately has his stuff together, witty, but at times come across like one of those radio DJ types with the canned presentation the weird and phony way of pronoucing words like DJ's do.

I enjoyed Butch when I had him on the Glory a couple of years ago. Very energetic

Butch was the CD on my cruise on the Liberty, in October of last year. Before my cruise, I had heard some folks say they didnt like him. My cruise is not really affected by whoever is the CD, but I can say that I was pleasantly surprised at how really nice he was. He is entertaining, personable, and very visible about the ship. As someone else said, he stops to talk to passengers, and did so with me one day as I was having a coffee by the specialty cafe.

I wont steal Host Mach's description, but let me say that Butch is very enthusiastic about his work! He really is quite enjoyable as a CD. I havent yet had a bad one, but Butch ranks up there with the best, IMHO!:)

I was on the Glory two years ago and thought Butch did a good job, was also on the Dream this past Oct. with Butch and George aka "baby butch". I thought the entire entertainment staff had it together. They were all very visible and very personable. I would definitely sail any ship he was on.

Pat

Archived