Changes in Credits for Celebrity Passages

Sheila56

Can someone tell me when Celebrity changes the OBC for passages from using the cost of the cruise to using the length of the cruise?

Also, were you notified about this? I'm just wondering if I missed something, or if I'm not signed up for the right newsletter or whatever they used to communicate things like this.

Thanks,

Sheila

Can someone tell me when Celebrity changes the OBC for passages from using the cost of the cruise to using the length of the cruise?

Also, were you notified about this? I'm just wondering if I missed something, or if I'm not signed up for the right newsletter or whatever they used to communicate things like this.

Thanks,

Sheila

The last few times I purchased a Passage it has been length of the

cruise. I bought 2 when I was on Solstice in September. I received

a printout stating how much credit would be given. A few years ago

it was length of cruise~then they changed it to cabin category and

now its length of cruise again. I don't remember when it changed back.

I have one I purchased in 2009 and the credit is based on the cost of the cruise. I'm just wondering whether Celebrity will give that credit, or the new credit based on the length of the cruise.

Hi Sheila, do you have the printout from when you bought it? It is printed

on there.

Thanks,

Sheila

I'm not sure they communicate about this. It is what it is when you purchase it. The one I'm currently holding which I purchased in January 2010 has OBC based on the length of the cruise.

Sheila, we took our first real Celebrity cruise(did the Solstice pre-inaugural in 11/08) in January 2009 and have bought a "Next Cruise" or whatever Celebrity calls it only for the reduced deposit. I believe the shareholder OBC has been the same as the "Next Cruise" OBC every time we've done it, based on cruise length. Never even knew X based the OBC on cost of the cruise.

I know this isn't the least bit helpful but maybe they made the change when Royal Caribbean no longer allowed Next Cruise OBC and shareholder OBC to be combined?

I'd be shocked if X doesn't honor your certificate.

Archived