The math doesn't add up...OBC

nascar20fan

I've been checking rates for our upcoming cruise (Glory Jan. 9th). We have a OS booked at ES rate. Original rate was $1958. It went down to $1838. TA submitted the price reduction form. Documents reflected a $120 OBC. Rate went down again, this time to $1698. TA submitted another form. Documents reflect the cruise amount as $1698 but the OBC still says $120. It should say $260, right?

Also, I'm a stock holder and I did get an e-mail confirming my OBC for each of the B2B cruises. But those amount are also not reflected on the documents either. Of course I will take all my info on board but I was just wondering if I'm worrying for no reason.

The cruise is paid in full? Have you called Carnival and asked what they see on their end? My account was a mess on my end but clear on their end so I asked them to send me an email with the correct figures which I will carry with me. Apparently there are two computer setups (at least) and they often do not reflect the same amounts.

I would make sure its fixed before I go. Its too confusing to figure out since you dont post the rates as a pp the way Carnival is looking at them.

If you are sure it should say $240, then your TA needs to fix it. I would not count on fixing it once onboard, especially since you would then have to contact your TA from the ship. .. you gave up control of your booking by booking with a TA, so carnival cant fix it.

I've been checking rates for our upcoming cruise (Glory Jan. 9th). We have a OS booked at ES rate. Original rate was $1958. It went down to $1838. TA submitted the price reduction form. Documents reflected a $120 OBC. Rate went down again, this time to $1698. TA submitted another form. Documents reflect the cruise amount as $1698 but the OBC still says $120. It should say $260, right?

Also, I'm a stock holder and I did get an e-mail confirming my OBC for each of the B2B cruises. But those amount are also not reflected on the documents either. Of course I will take all my info on board but I was just wondering if I'm worrying for no reason.

I submit early savers frequently because I am on top of that. There was a really large price drop one day. I submitted the ES and they approved it but gave a different amount. They completly gave me the run around and complete bull. It is still being investigated yeah right..... I have still been calling and finding out about drops. i would not count on waiting until you cruise that is for sure.

The cruise rate on Carnival's web site shows Senior rate: $849 and on the left it says "Total 2 travelers: $1698." Of course I will call TA and have her check it out. I was just posting my situation to see if anyone else had this happen to them.

TA is a friend of mine and since we are both business owners, I do like to give her the commission. As a matter of fact, the first leg of our B2B, we have 14 totals passengers booked through her and 8 of them live in a different state.

Back to ES- I wonder what this current sale means- "best available cabin"- then they say inside to inside, OV to OV, balcony to balcony- now, to me that suggests that you should pay for the lowest balcony price and get the best available balcony cabin available when you book. So, since there are 8M cabins available, I should be able to claim ES for the lowest balcony fare which includes this offer? ES when it is price to price is easy- when they throw in the upgrades I get very confused. Anyone care to try and clarify this for me?

Back to ES- I wonder what this current sale means- "best available cabin"- then they say inside to inside, OV to OV, balcony to balcony- now, to me that suggests that you should pay for the lowest balcony price and get the best available balcony cabin available when you book. So, since there are 8M cabins available, I should be able to claim ES for the lowest balcony fare which includes this offer? ES when it is price to price is easy- when they throw in the upgrades I get very confused. Anyone care to try and clarify this for me?

As long as your category isnt sold it, yes you should be able to claim the lowest 8A price.

... and having been a member a whole month, you are now a expert about the posters here?

You said it, i was just in agreement.

Carnival staff will give you the run around on ES ,just a fact.

They keep changing their site as well as not listing your credit properly.

It's happen to me several times.

ES has become more of a hassle than it's worth .

Thats Carnivals intention to you,the customer.

I'm not sure I agree here- I do believe that it is Carnival's intention to offer fares that seem like better deals than they might be (ie, after you work out all the ins and outs of the fare you find that you are spending the same amount), but I don't think they keep not listing credit properly on purpose- they are as confused as the rest of us a good part of the time.

As long as your category isnt sold it, yes you should be able to claim the lowest 8A price.

I think that is what I did so it will be interesting to see what happens. It would be a very nice fare reduction if they give it to me- another $400- I would be quite happy!

I'm not sure I agree here- I do believe that it is Carnival's intention to offer fares that seem like better deals than they might be (ie, after you work out all the ins and outs of the fare you find that you are spending the same amount), but I don't think they keep not listing credit properly on purpose- they are as confused as the rest of us a good part of the time.

If their confused they shouldn't be employed in Carnivals ES department.;)

If their confused they shouldn't be employed in Carnivals ES department.;)

That may be but the ES fare is complicated and situations arise which were not anticipated. The customers come up with all kinds of possibilities that are unexpected.

You said it, i was just in agreement.

I'm not a huge fan of ES but in my case, the obtaining the OBC has been easy. I do keep a screen shot of the price just in case though.

They have sent me a revised booking each time showing the cumulative OBC. I think a lot the problems is when one submits a claim that is borderline.

I've only submitted a claim when it was specifically for my cabin class (8B) and could select my cabin. A lot of people get turned down due to the GTD class not being eligible.

I don't spend a lot of time and brain damage like others do trying to save a nickel either. If I find it, I submit it but it's not like some that waste everyone's time by calling the PVP daily....... My last one did pay for a bottle of vodka from Bon Voyage though. Cheers!

I'm so thankful that you do! You have helped answer my Early Saver questions and saved me money! :D

thanks. I do have a helpfull PVP who will get a supervisor to weigh in on anything tricky to back me up. I do wonder if they close those gaps we have been squeezing thru when they hear what we do. Like sometimes it was cheaper to wait until after final payment to cancel .. Carnival just closed that gap saying whichever is more $$.

If someone doesnt want me to reply to them, just let me know and Ill add them to the list.

congrats to bo didly for making the 3rd person in 3 + years to make my ignore list. Its the least I can do for you, to make sure I never reply to you. You can hold your thanks, since I cant see your posts now.

Boy you were a bit touchy this morning

No humor at all :rolleyes:. So be it .

congrats to bo didly for making the 3rd person in 3 + years to make my ignore list. Its the least I can do for you, to make sure I never reply to you. You can hold your thanks, since I cant see your posts now.

tsk Fire-- are you having a bad day?? Bo was just agreeing with you- or at least that is how I took it.

I thought he agreed that they post too much in one day too.

(or am i just having a good day and see the best of the world---LOL

I still love ya baby--

Archived