Obc

Persnickety

Hey all,

Quick question about OBC...

With my first cruise coming up, we booked with a TA who was able to get us some OBC. My mother contacted the TA and added to that amount.

My question is confusing so please bear with me as I try to ask in a way that makes sense. I understand if you receive OBC through the cruise or TA, it's lost if you don't use it...but when there's 2 sources for OBC how do they work that?

I will have $50 from the TA and my mother added $400...

I'm guessing that the $50 OBC will be considered the last $50 in our account, meaning if we only use $300 of the $450 total we'll get $100 back, being the unused portion minus the $50 from the TA.

Is this correct?

Thanks

Persnickety

Nope, it is not lost. It is all OBC, and what you don't use aboard ship, will be returned to you.

That is not accurate. Some OBC is lost if not used, and some is reimbursed. For example, the $100 OBC for booking on board is not reimbursable. In the Op's case, the OBC fromthe TA will likely not be reimbursed if unspent.

To the Op - My advice is spend it! The Allure has some great specialty restaurants.

The nonrefundable will be used up first. Any money your mom put on your shipboard account is refundable and will be used up last. Nice mom to give you $400 to spend :D

That's great! And yes..she's been very generous. =)

Thanks for the info.

That is not accurate. Some OBC is lost if not used, and some is reimbursed. For example, the $100 OBC for booking on board is not reimbursable. In the Op's case, the OBC fromthe TA will likely not be reimbursed if unspent.

To the Op - My advice is spend it! The Allure has some great specialty restaurants.

Oh I plan on spending it, believe me...just was curious in which order they used up the credit when it came from more than one source.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. =)

Cheers

Persnickety

We have been granted $158 OBC from our TA but when I go into the Celebrity online account, I am not seeing it.

Will Celebrity adjust the records when I produce the Invoice from my TA (American Airlines). I was going to call AA to ask why I am not seeing the credit on my profile booking.

Archived