Booking Specialty Restaurants on the Net

I just learned something interesting while trying to book a specialty restaurant on line.

The reservation kept bouncing back like I had never entered it so I called RCI and was told that it doesn't work with the Firefox browser. I have an extension that will open any web page in Internet Explorer so I used it and it worked.

I just thought I'd pass this along for anyone else having problems.

I'm glad I kept Internet Explorer on my desktop as I had the same problem booking specialty restaurants on RCI's website using Firefox. Apparently, RCI's system does not support Firefox. I was surprised, as I am able to use it booking on Celebrity and they are the same company.

I just learned something interesting while trying to book a specialty restaurant on line.

The reservation kept bouncing back like I had never entered it so I called RCI and was told that it doesn't work with the Firefox browser. I have an extension that will open any web page in Internet Explorer so I used it and it worked.

I just thought I'd pass this along for anyone else having problems.

I have used Firefox to fill out my Set Sail pass and book excursions (from my MAC). No problems.

I have booked entire cruises using Firefox. I've booked shore excursions. Ive ordered a wine package. I've filled out my on line info for the set sail pass and all the other stuff.

The gal said the only thing that doesn't work with Firefox is the specialty restaurant booking page.

If I have a coupon for the free specialty resturant can I still book it on the net or would I be charged?

You will be charged.

You have a few options.

Book now for two, and when you go to Chops/Portofino and present your D+ coupon, they will credit back your SeaPass for one dinner.

Book now for one. There really is no such thing as a table for one - it's a table for two with only one place setting.

Wait until you are onboard to book. They have given D+ this bonus because it is usually pretty empty in there the first night.

Archived