Since We Can't Upgrade at the Port...

Yvonne

I just called Royal to upgrade our Monarch of the Seas inside stateroom to an outside. :) I had thought we might be able to do that at the port, but then maybe all outside rooms would be gone so I decided to call this morning to see how much extra it would cost. $49 per person, so I went ahead and did the upgrade. :) I'm not telling DH about it, it'll be a surprise to him when we get there.

We've had an inside room before, on our Carnival Fantasy cruise, and while it was fine for a shorter cruise I do love having a balcony and that's not possible on this ship, so then I thought at least an outside room, so we could watch the water, see what the weather is like, etc. And from pictures I've seen it looks like there is a nice, wide ledge to sit on to watch the water from out of the window. :)

Now I'm even more excited for our cruise to get here! :) I hope I can keep my trap shut and not spoil the surprise for DH!

Good move – you will not be disappointed. I’m not sure what you booked – but we have taken a cabin on deck 8 as a way to see outside at a low cost. The windows are nice and large and some of the cabins have just a little obstruction.

As a hint –check the OV on deck 9. These cabins are slightly larger and sometime and (I don’t know why) are actually cheaper then an OV cabin.

enjoy

M

I just called Royal to upgrade our Monarch of the Seas inside stateroom to an outside. :) I had thought we might be able to do that at the port, but then maybe all outside rooms would be gone so I decided to call this morning to see how much extra it would cost. $49 per person, so I went ahead and did the upgrade. :) I'm not telling DH about it, it'll be a surprise to him when we get there.

We've had an inside room before, on our Carnival Fantasy cruise, and while it was fine for a shorter cruise I do love having a balcony and that's not possible on this ship, so then I thought at least an outside room, so we could watch the water, see what the weather is like, etc. And from pictures I've seen it looks like there is a nice, wide ledge to sit on to watch the water from out of the window. :)

Now I'm even more excited for our cruise to get here! :) I hope I can keep my trap shut and not spoil the surprise for DH!

All JS cabins on Monarch have a balcony

How close to your cruise did you do this? Thanks

Our sailing is on January 24.

I agree, I love to see outside. I went from an interior to deck 8 for a total of 40$. I was quite pleased as this location is very near where we did a B2B last september.

Love deck 8.

We were originally on deck 6, the "tween" deck, in an inside, and now we are still on deck 6, in an outside. It was a total of $104 for the 4-night cruise, so only $25/night. I just couldn't resist! :)

All JS cabins on Monarch have a balcony

We're not willing to pay the price they want though.

Archived