Cabin Assign for GTY

ChattTenn

Hello,

We booked a GTY on Coral Princes 2/26/2005. As of now Princess still did not assign to us any particular cabin yet. One thing we don't understand, we alway booked a GTY on previous 6 cruises with Princess and got an assigned cabin by the time of the final document but not this time. We had called Princess on Monday and they still did not want to tell us yet. This sailing is sold out and just don't understand the reason not assign a cabin to us. We just want to know so we can put it on the tags.

Do you have to wait until we get down to the pier? Any possibility we will find before leaving home.

Thanks.

Hello,

We booked a GTY on Coral Princes 2/26/2005. As of now Princess still did not assign to us any particular cabin yet. One thing we don't understand, we alway booked a GTY on previous 6 cruises with Princess and got an assigned cabin by the time of the final document but not this time. We had called Princess on Monday and they still did not want to tell us yet. This sailing is sold out and just don't understand the reason not assign a cabin to us. We just want to know so we can put it on the tags.

Do you have to wait until we get down to the pier? Any possibility we will find before leaving home.

Thanks.

Hi!

We were on the 12/10 Panama Canal cruise on the Coral and there were 2 ladies from Toronto in front of us waiting to board. Like yours, the cruise was sold out and they still did not have their cabin assignment! They got squared away once on board, but I was surprised that they did not know the stateroom number that close to sailing.

Thank everyone for the answers. I guess it is a new thing Princess does now day and it is very new to us since this will be our 7th with Princess. Just don't know what are they waiting for? Do they have to turn over the manifest to the Coast Guard with everybody name at least a week before sailing? Learn a lesson here, for another future cruise, will book one with a cabin assign.

We are planning to call Princess again once more time before leave home.

Thanks again.

Will post again to let everybody know the outcome.

Wow! I'd be really anxious to see where Princess put us! We have Guarantees booked for our Summer (2) cruises...I hope they assign cabins early - we are traveling with family and would like to be close to one another - (especially the children's cabin!!!) (Our Roll Call has "pool" on the date we're asigned since so many of us are on guarantees due to a rate drop! :D

GotTocruise (aka Renee)

We have arrived at the pier twice before without knowing our cabin assignments...it is no big deal...as the porters at the pier curbside have a master list and your room numbers. He/she just fills in the luggage tags on the spot.

On both occassions we have been pleasantly surprised and pleased with the upgrades given.

enjoy....

I wouldn't worry. I've read that lots of people haven't found out their cabin numbers until they got to the pier. There will be someone with a list to let you know what to put on the tags before handing over your luggage.

When booking a cruise with friends or family, don't book a guarantee if you want the cabins near each other.

We sailed on the Dawn Princess last October (2004).

We had booked a Balcony (BB) GTY in Dec 2003.

We did not receive our cabin assignment until the day before - it sure made for some excitement the longer we had to check. We looked in the personalizer every day (2-3 times!) and when we finally hit the road, we just called 1-800-PRINCESS.

We were expecting great things - and like the OP, our cruise was sold out.

In the end we received exactly what we booked - a cat. BB.

And as we could not be disapointed as we had booked the GTY, we were sure set up for expecting greater things, esp. since other people, even those at teh Princess call center, told us that the longer you wait the better the chance of an upgrade.

So, the story remains - if you're going to book a GTY, book the lowest cat. you'll be happy with in the event an u/g doesn't come through.

Yes, the anticipation is nerve wracking.

I'm not sure why they waited so long to just assign us our originally booked cat??? So, now, and since Princess upgrades even those with 'chosen' cabins, we don't do the GTY anymore.

We booked for 6/20 on the sun, booked a gty (which is currently called a cat J) - they have already assigned our cabin, and they assigned us a cat I. So go figure - most expereinced folks will tell you...it's totally random when they seem to get around to this. I'm sure they have their reasons.

th

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the posts. We did call Princess and our TA today. According to the TA this sailing is over sold.

Princess and TA are working on to offer people with incentive so they will change to another sailing to make room for others. TA also said that Princess won't ask us to move another sailing since we are a Plantinum member (!). So we just have to wait until Saturday to find out. Just hope the upgrade fairy will be good to us.

Thanks again.

We were going to book a guarantee for our Oct. cruise but the Princess guy on the phone said it didn't make any difference. We booked a J category or JJ-for the extra $20 we have the highest level of inside. We've been given a cabin number also. Again, the guy said that many people have the misconception that you get an upgrade if you don't get a number. He said it doesn't matter. As far as upgrades go, he said that we are in a better spot because we booked early. We are learning that our cruise is selling out (Oct 8-Caribbean Princess), and Travelocity has sold out of its block of balcony cabins if we wanted to go in there and try for one.

In 2001, we booked a very low level inside cabin just to get on the Golden Princess. It was the first cruise hubby and I could afford. We never received a cabin number. The porter at the terminal looked us up on the typewritten manifest. Aloha-303! WOW! When we got to the window it was confirmed and the gal congratulated us. It was about a 7 deck up plus extreme inside to outside with balcony jump.The cabin was humongous! And it spoiled us. We figured later that it must have been a handicapped equipped cabin because everything was doubly wide-even the bathroom was huge. Since then, we've booked an inside and gotten an inside-no upgrades. Maybe it was because it was a month after 9/11.The sign at the pursor's desk said that the ship was sold out-no trying to change cabins. Right now we're playing the odds on an upgrade-have the cabin number already.But if we don't get one, we have upgraded ourselves to a better inside cabin. Lynne

Archived