Beach Crowds

ihopfar

Just booked a cruise that goes to Grand Turk. It looks like there is a second ship in port that day. Both ships dock at 7AM.

If we want to go to the beach walking distance from the pier (by Margaritaville), what time do we need to be off the ship to get chairs?

If we decide to explore the town first, what time will people start leaving their chairs to go by the pool or back on their ship? (Our ship leaves at 3PM, the other one at 2PM.)

It seems like a great deal with a pool and a beach with chairs without an extra cost (almost like another private island stop), but I am afraid it will be to crowded to find lounge chairs if we are not off early (almost like another private island stop.)

Brad

Personally I avoid Margaritaville...that place is a mess, even with a single ship in port. If your not in the first couple of groups off the first boat....good luck getting a chair on the beach or next to the pool. Personally I would rather walk 10 mins down the beach and grab a piece of sand in front of Jacks Shack. There is a lot less people, rarely any kids screaming and tossing sand and the drinks at Jacks are better then at Margaritaville and a tad cheaper too.

Personally I avoid Margaritaville...that place is a mess, even with a single ship in port. If your not in the first couple of groups off the first boat....good luck getting a chair on the beach or next to the pool. Personally I would rather walk 10 mins down the beach and grab a piece of sand in front of Jacks Shack. There is a lot less people, rarely any kids screaming and tossing sand and the drinks at Jacks are better then at Margaritaville and a tad cheaper too.

Are there chairs available in front of Jacks Shack? Are they free like in front of Margaritaville? Are there restrooms for the beach goers?

• 1 month later...

Walk down the beach past Margaritaville towards the other concrete pier. About halfway, we found a place called the Local Village Bar and Restaurant. Plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas free for the price of a drink ... ($3.50 if I recall correctly for a beer). There were only about 10 people there. Same stretch of beach, same water, no crowds (we were the only ship in port and everyone seemed to congregate at Margaritaville). (The place was just gearing up I think ... no food, but that wasn't a problem for us).

Walk down the beach past Margaritaville towards the other concrete pier. About halfway, we found a place called the Local Village Bar and Restaurant. Plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas free for the price of a drink ... ($3.50 if I recall correctly for a beer). There were only about 10 people there. Same stretch of beach, same water, no crowds (we were the only ship in port and everyone seemed to congregate at Margaritaville). (The place was just gearing up I think ... no food, but that wasn't a problem for us).

Sorry to segway from the OP's original questions but thought I would mention earlier this week we were in Grand Turk and we were able to access the Local Village Bar and Restaurant's internet from our balcony on the ship. No cost.

Archived