LIVE from the Eclipse 11/20-27/10 !!

Sailaways_

hi all, i will try to answer questions and give an update as quickly as possible. these darn macs are still giving me trouble with typing and that caps lock, so apologies in advance!

yesterday was a very blah day in san juan. we arrived a bit ahead of schedule around 1:15pm we were sailing past the forts. if you haven't done this sail-in before, it's pretty and worth seeing. yesterday was also the infamous sea day brunch in the mdr from 10am to 1pm. imho and i know others will disagree, the brunch is still worth skipping. we opted for bistro on 5 instead. :o wow! delicious and worth every penny! i think it's so sad that hardly anyone ever visits this hidden gem. the crepes were fantasticly delicious. maybe that's not a word, but it definitely describes the experience.

it rained on and off during our afternoon/evening in port. we tooka tour with some guides off the pier, which was alright. it was better being inside instead of in the rain, especially on the walk back to the pier. it was also extremely windy: actually it's been super windy this whole cruise! the ship has been rocking ever since we left miami, to be honest. i know it's not the ship's fault, and the rocking isn't enough to make one seasick, but people were complaining about walking drunkenly for a few days. i went on the elite backstage tour yesterday morning and it was particularly rough being so far forward there.

quick q&A

st. kitts: nothing has been mentioned of the incident last week regarding the robbery of the mercury passengers. stop is as scheduled, only thing different is the affected ship tour is not available as an option.

elite cocktail hour is in the sky lounge. it's dependent on the number of elites onboard, and there are quite a few on this sailing.

entertainment last night (monday) was a comedy juggler. his name escapes me at the moment, but he was pretty funny! we missed part of his show as our dinner in tuscan ran overtime. they also had a big motown party around 10:30 at night. it was originally scheduled to be outside, but the wind and rain moved it indoors to the grand foyer. it was super crowded and a ton of fun! the dancers did a few numbers and everyone got really into it. i have been impressed with celebrity's efforts so far to do some fun new stuff like evening parties and they've been super successful with it! x is totally improving their nightlife!

absolutely no kettles in the cabins. the only hint of anything british is the british selections at breakfast in the oceanview cafe (kippers, things like that)

internet price varies from .65, .61, .55, .53, and .42 per minute based on the package size you buy, package prices are for 50, 90, 150, and 237 min.

i believe there are poker tournaments but will have to double check to make sure. :o

eclipse the show was tonight (tuesday at 7 and pm), and just like solstice and equinox, it is amazing and a true work of art. the acts are fantastic and what they do it jawdroppingly awesome. do not miss this, you will regret it!

last bit from me: we tried qsine tonight. OMG. i am still collecting my thoughts (and contemplating the leftover qsine cupcakes in my doggy bag :p) but WOW. WOW, WOW, WOW. There are no words for this amazingness! if you are on the fence, seriously. book now. you will not regret it. it is unlike any thing i have ever tried. i will write more later, but it was probably the most unique and delicious dining experience i have ever had.

i will try and post this and then update on st. maarten tomorrow. ooh, and if i missed your q, my apologies! please post again and i'll take care of it, promise! andddd, i promise i am still composing the huge list of eclipse differences! (gosh, lots of promises and so little internet time!) more soon!

Thanks so much Sailaways!! Sounds like you are having a great time. Any difficulty getting seats for the Eclipse (cirque) show? That was an issue when we were on the Emerald Princess. A couple times we could not get seats in the main theatre.

Archived