Christmas Gift - - - I am so excited

kuddles14

After much discussion and playing with finances, DH and I have decided to book a short cruise during my spring break aboard the Monarch of the Seas.

We decided to make this our Christmas gift to each other. After 31 years of marriage, how many shirts, pants, etc can one buy for each other. Can't wait!!!!

After much discussion and playing with finances, DH and I have decided to book a short cruise during my spring break aboard the Monarch of the Seas.

We decided to make this our Christmas gift to each other. After 31 years of marriage, how many shirts, pants, etc can one buy for each other. Can't wait!!!!

Yay!

Enjoy :)

I can't think of a better gift to give each other :)

Enjoy!

I can't think of a better gift to give each other :)

Enjoy!

I agree!!!! Not just because it's a cruise, but because we get to spend time together without all the hastles of work, etc. Would rather have quality time together than another piece of clothing or anything else.

It's funny, our parents are getting older (in their late 70's and early 80's) and both our fathers are not in good health. Have listened to my mother-in-law and mother and they said if they had to do it all over again, they wouldn't have worried about the trival stuff and would have done some things differently. They told us to travel now and some how things will work out with retirement, pensions, etc. because one day you wake up and everthing is so very different in your life. My mother-in-law and mom were the main reason we booked this trip. Took their advice.

God bless them both!!!:)

Our cruise in Jan. is a combined 20 year anniversary/Christmas present to each other. We have done other trips as gifts to each other and they are the gifts we remember.

Enjoy!!

I agree!!!! Not just because it's a cruise, but because we get to spend time together without all the hastles of work, etc. Would rather have quality time together than another piece of clothing or anything else.

It's funny, our parents are getting older (in their late 70's and early 80's) and both our fathers are not in good health. Have listened to my mother-in-law and mother and they said if they had to do it all over again, they wouldn't have worried about the trival stuff and would have done some things differently. They told us to travel now and some how things will work out with retirement, pensions, etc. because one day you wake up and everthing is so very different in your life. My mother-in-law and mom were the main reason we booked this trip. Took their advice.

God bless them both!!!:)

I so totally agree with your mom and mil. My mom had not been ill, but unexpectedly passed away. That was when I began that learning process of not to sweat the trivial. Still took awhile to really get it, but it's the reason we're doing a Christmas cruise with our sons. Great gift and no re-gifting with this one! :D

You will never regret the memories. We've been cruising as a family for several years now. I've always been a really healthy, active workhorse. This past year I was diagnosed with a heart problem. Because of finances, we've only ever gotten to do one cruise every year or maybe even one cruise every other year. We have a cruise on FOS scheduled for July. We were sitting talking about how far away that is and decided to book a short cruise on Monarch for our spring break too. We said we had never done anything like this before and we've learned that time and memories are more precious than anything. We know that this is an older (actually RCI's oldest) ship, but I don't think anything will dampen our spirits or enthusiasm. We are so looking forward to this get-away!!! You are so right...how many pairs of pants, sweaters or gift cards can you give? Have a wonderful cruise!!!

I've only been married for 6 years (together for 13), but this is what hubby and I do every year. We book a trip together and that is usually our combination anniversary/Christmas gift.

The things that I like to splurge on are kitchen items and specialty foods, and I wouldn't trust him enough to buy the right stuff. Ditto for him... he likes gadgets, and he doesn't trust me to buy exactly what he likes. And if we have to tell each other what we want, then it's not really a special gift. Trips are exactly what we both want because we like to travel and we get to spend alone time together, which is not always possible with our overlapping schedules.

Heck, we don't even buy for family any more and we tell them to NOT buy anything for us. Instead, we use the money that we normally would have spent on gifts to sponsor Christmas for a family through a church. I have to say, I have waaaay more fun buying gifts this way than trying to buy something that my financially stable family doesn't already have.

Heck, we don't even buy for family any more and we tell them to NOT buy anything for us. Instead, we use the money that we normally would have spent on gifts to sponsor Christmas for a family through a church. I have to say, I have waaaay more fun buying gifts this way than trying to buy something that my financially stable family doesn't already have.

This is EXACTLY what our family is doing this year too! My parents are getting older & they have more gadgets & doo-dah's than 10 people need..after years of hearing them say they didn't want anything for Christmas we decided to listen this year..so they & my 2 sisters & 1 are sponsering a family...really makes a big difference doing something for someone who really NEEDS the help!

We've been together 20 years, and for the last fifteen (married) we have not bought each other any gifts, we are of the opinion that if it's something we want and we can afford it, then we buy it anyway. So a gift is either not something we want OR we can't afford it. This leaves money free for cruising!!!!!!:D

We've been together 20 years, and for the last fifteen (married) we have not bought each other any gifts, we are of the opinion that if it's something we want and we can afford it, then we buy it anyway. So a gift is either not something we want OR we can't afford it. This leaves money free for cruising!!!!!!:D

I have to agree...we get what we want and need without it needing to be a "gift"....heck, it all comes out of the same money, anyhow! I love the idea of making vacations the gift! We do it all the time!

I agree, What a wonderful christmas present. I am taking My Mom for a 5 nighter the week before Christmas this year for her B-day and Christmas present. (I then talked all her kids into joining us)

For my wife I upgraded our cruise in 2 weeks to a balcony. SHH she dosn't know..

WE had booked an inside cabin since we were sailing again in 2 weeks, but I know she loves her balcony.....

Rick

I agree, What a wonderful christmas present. I am taking My Mom for a 5 nighter the week before Christmas this year for her B-day and Christmas present. (I then talked all her kids into joining us)

For my wife I upgraded our cruise in 2 weeks to a balcony. SHH she dosn't know..

WE had booked an inside cabin since we were sailing again in 2 weeks, but I know she loves her balcony.....

Rick

I'll tell her when we meet on board......:D

This is EXACTLY what our family is doing this year too! My parents are getting older & they have more gadgets & doo-dah's than 10 people need..after years of hearing them say they didn't want anything for Christmas we decided to listen this year..so they & my 2 sisters & 1 are sponsering a family...really makes a big difference doing something for someone who really NEEDS the help!

I think what you are doing is wonderful!!!! Really focuses on the true meaning of Christmas.

Archived