Cruise Critic Carnival Crazy Canucks - group cruise?

soccersharon

CC Crazy Canuck Cruise preference is: (to keep things simple, Dream, 7 days)  

49 members have voted

1. 1. CC Crazy Canuck Cruise preference is: (to keep things simple, Dream, 7 days)

• March 2012
    • November 2012
    • July 2012
    • August 2012
    • Other (details below)

Ok so I'm thinking we are not leaning toward the breeze anymore?Since it wil not be over to the US until the fall of 2012. Late Feb is a good time for us but the farther you get toward the March april area you will have to deal with springbreakers. So now are looking a the Dream, the Magic , the Miracle?Where are you leaning toward for ports of call?

Ok so I'm thinking we are not leaning toward the breeze anymore?Since it wil not be over to the US until the fall of 2012. Late Feb is a good time for us but the farther you get toward the March april area you will have to deal with springbreakers. So now are looking a the Dream, the Magic , the Miracle?Where are you leaning toward for ports of call?

Hi K!

I cannot speak for the rest of the group, but for us, I am planning on booking the Liberty for March 3-10, 2012 (my kids' spring break). It's not so much for the ship (but I do love the Liberty) it's for the ports: HMC, St. Thomas, San Juan, and GT. Great beach days which will not cost an arm and a leg, history of San Juan, and I just love St. Thomas.

I am really hoping that at least some of us will come along - even if it's not a "big" group. I can see from the poll that quite a few people voted for March, but not sure about the week, ship for some.

So...what does everyone think about the timing / itinerary / ship?

Love the ship - will be cruising on her for the 2nd time in January 2012!!! Same ports so will be able to fill you in and provide pics!!! :D

Hi Froufie!

Hope you enjoyed the holidays!

Too bad the timing doesn't work out for 2012...would have really enjoyed meeting you...but yes, we look forward to a review. The ports look awesome!

hey Sharon, I take that GT is short for grand turk.. I've never been there but I hear years ago that Canada was in the market to buy the island and never did. what is HMC?I've been to San juan as you can tell from my profile picture of the bat was from the bacardi rum factory( not impressed) so I think if we did go that it would bea see day.Is the liberty in the same class as the glory? is it bigger, smaller or the same size? does it have the water park?I would consider it as an option but still Nov would be best for us.. not counting anything out

hey Sharon, I take that GT is short for grand turk.. I've never been there but I hear years ago that Canada was in the market to buy the island and never did. what is HMC?I've been to San juan as you can tell from my profile picture of the bat was from the bacardi rum factory( not impressed) so I think if we did go that it would bea see day.Is the liberty in the same class as the glory? is it bigger, smaller or the same size? does it have the water park?I would consider it as an option but still Nov would be best for us.. not counting anything out

Hey K!

Yep, GT is Grand Turk and HMC is Half Moon Cay (inexpensive ports with free beaches!).

Liberty is the same class as Glory (Conquest class). Liberty has a big slide, not sure about the water park? Here's a link to the Liberty http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_liberty/default.aspx?shipCode=LI No serenity area either - but it is a family vacation :) Does have giant screen, and a sports park (basketball and mini-putt).

I have heard mixed reviews about San Juan, but I think I'd find an excursion to do thru the ship (maybe a tour of some kind). We'll be trying to watch our $$$ as there will be 4 of us this time, and maybe my MIL as well. Also trying to convince my mom and her boyfriend.

We've always gone in November as well - but I really don't want to pull the kids out of school, and this itinerary (to me) is perfect for all of us.

Fingers crossed that more Canucks will join us!

OK, Canucks - looks like I will be booking the Eastern itinerary for the Liberty, March 3 to 10, 2012 (Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk).

Anyone else interested? We can celebrate spring in the tropics!

Prices are pretty good...:)

Come on, you know you wanna ;)

Well folks, good news for those of you who voted March!

Our roll call is "rollin" http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1329703

Itinerary:

March 3 Depart Miami

March 4 Half Moon Cay (9:00 am - 5:00 pm)

March 5 Sea Day

March 6 St. Thomas (9:00 - 6:00 pm)

March 7 San Juan (7:00 am - 3:30 pm)

March 8 Grand Turk (11:00 am - 5:30 pm)

March 9 Sea Day

March 10 Miami

Come join the fun! Everyone is welcome! Look for the Crazy Canucks on FB!

Woo hoo!

• 2 weeks later...
Well folks, good news for those of you who voted March!

Our roll call is "rollin" http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1329703

Itinerary:

March 3 Depart Miami

March 4 Half Moon Cay (9:00 am - 5:00 pm)

March 5 Sea Day

March 6 St. Thomas (9:00 - 6:00 pm)

March 7 San Juan (7:00 am - 3:30 pm)

March 8 Grand Turk (11:00 am - 5:30 pm)

March 9 Sea Day

March 10 Miami

Come join the fun! Everyone is welcome! Look for the Crazy Canucks on FB!

Woo hoo!

Anyone else comin' aboard with the Canucks? You don't have to be Canadian, eh? Just fun-lovin' like the rest of us!

Archived