Cruise Critic Carnival Crazy Canucks - group cruise?

soccersharon

CC Crazy Canuck Cruise preference is: (to keep things simple, Dream, 7 days)  

49 members have voted

1. 1. CC Crazy Canuck Cruise preference is: (to keep things simple, Dream, 7 days)

• March 2012
    • November 2012
    • July 2012
    • August 2012
    • Other (details below)

So far, it looks like :

Soccersharon (4) (DH, DD-16, DS-13)

Froufie

Wimsiecruise

pkrchkr (3)

Need 4 more!

While I have never seen any numbers for how many cabin you need to book to get approved as a CC group cruise .. the more the better chance of being approved Id say ...remember once the prices are given, you will lose a lot of people, when they see there is no real savings to booking as a group, just the friendship.

Once the dates are agreed upon .. you will lose more, etc.

I would wait until I had a lot more firm commitments.

While I have never seen any numbers for how many cabin you need to book to get approved as a CC group cruise .. the more the better chance of being approved Id say ...remember once the prices are given, you will lose a lot of people, when they see there is no real savings to booking as a group, just the friendship.

Once the dates are agreed upon .. you will lose more, etc.

I would wait until I had a lot more firm commitments.

Can always count on you, Fire, for knowledge!

I think we are in the very early stages of this group cruise. The Breeze is a long way off http://maritimematters.com/2010/05/carnival-breeze/, no idea of itineraries, home port etc.

But, we can get a whole lotta people excited! I believe that we need at least 8 cabins booked to qualify as a group. I'm a little hesitant though, as it seems that if we book through the CC travel agent, we are locked into the original price through a contract, with not much hope of getting price reductions, should any occur. Will have to explore this further as well. We must consider that since Breeze will be a brand new ship, we should expect to pay a premium for our cabins. Something to consider as well.

This said, should be consider a "back up ship" (Magic, Dream or other)? We might also consider whether itinerary or ship is most important.

Lord knows we have lots of time to discuss and decide.

Thanks!

But, we can get a whole lotta people excited! I believe that we need at least 8 cabins booked to qualify as a group. I'm a little hesitant though, as it seems that if we book through the CC travel agent, we are locked into the original price through a contract, with not much hope of getting price reductions, should any occur.

Not true at all. TAs cannot discount by giving back their commission, but I know almost all the Crazies got OBC and upgrades or both. (because prices dropped)

Its not the 8 cabins you need to book .. its Laura's approval (at least I think Laura is the only one who can approve a CC group cruise). Host Mach will have the link of the process. You might want to read thru it and see what the process is .. but this is a great start .. just gotta get a whole bunch more people.

Not true at all. TAs cannot discount by giving back their commission, but I know almost all the Crazies got OBC and upgrades or both. (because prices dropped)

Its not the 8 cabins you need to book .. its Laura's approval (at least I think Laura is the only one who can approve a CC group cruise). Host Mach will have the link of the process. You might want to read thru it and see what the process is .. but this is a great start .. just gotta get a whole bunch more people.

Hi Fire:

Ok, I guess I misundestood this paragraph regarding CC group cruises:

If prices for Cruise Critic a member cruise decrease after booking the group, the Preferred Cruise Agency will make every attempt to adjust the price with the cruise line, however, this isn't to be guaranteed or expected.

Anyway, it seems as though we are a long way off of doing anything concrete - thanks again!

Sounds like November 2012 on the Breeze would be preferable to all. True that summertime in Canada offers less expensive vacations. Will have to figure out when my kids have some time off. If I don't bring them next time, I'll have a mutiny on my hands :)

Anyone else have kids? In November 2012 my DD will be 16 and my DS will be 13.

Let's see if we can keep this rolling!

Sharon

I would love to go on a summer cruise on on of the big new ship like the dream or Magic......or even the Breezee....what do you all think

How about a spring break 2012 cruise ? That way, we get away from the cold winter AND can bring our kids !:)

Hi Groliv,

Spring break would work too! Prices are little higher at that time - although I believe our spring break differrs from the US, so we may get lucky. Ours is typically 1st week of March.

Let's keep talking! Would rather not pull the kids out of school, if possible. DD will be starting CEGEP, and DS will be staring HS.

Well even spring break differs throughout Canada - march break as we call it- usually second week of March - and prices are usually inflated because of it! So do CEGEPS get a spring break in March (I can barely remember? ha ha ha). I know high schools and elementary schools obviously do! (and here in Ontario universities have a reading week in February - I don't remember having that when I was at McGill!!)

Hi Everyone,

For us, I believe our March break in 2010 is the 5th - 9th. As for my DD who will (hopefully) be in CEGEP by then, and looks as though her spring break will be the week after 12th - 16th. Hmmmm...

I've been poking around looking at the Dream itineraries for roughly this time, and it seems that Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and GC are available. Wouldn't mind this itinerary at all. Would love to see Belize and Roatan as I've not visited there yet, and loved Cozumel and GC.

What do we all think?

This Canuck would definitely give it some serious thoughts. I'm for the late Oct/ anytime November timeframe.

Hi Rksmom,

Welcome! How do you feel about sailing the Dream? Looks like we may be leaning towards her since we can actually see itineraries and pricing.

Do you have any children? Would be fun for the kids to get together as well :)

I'd be very interested in putting together a "Carnival Crazy Canucks" group cruise for summer 2012. Wondering if anyone would be interested.

If yes, please indicate your intinerary of choice, ship choice, and port choice.

Also please let me know if you'd be interested in helping out. I've never put together a group cruise, and could sure use the input!

Hope we can get this going! I can guarantee we'd have a blast!

Sharon

Hi Sharon!! :D I'd love to go with a group of my fellow Canadian citizens, what a blast!! :D :D I really don't care about the itinerary as long as it's at least 7-8 days and has at least 3-4 sea days!! :D I'd love to go on the Freedom (I've been on her twice and love her) or the Dream/Magic!! :D I can help if you want, I've been on a couple of group cruises and planned roll call activities/get togethers/events for cruises that were not "official" group cruises!! :D

I'd love to do a B2B - combination of 2, 5 day cruises, western then eastern - no preference of ship.

That sounds good!! :D I've always wanted to do a B2B on the Imagination!! :D My 1st ship and she will always have a special place in my heart!! :D

You said you were identifyed as a Canadian because of your "eh"? Get this one - I was identifyed as a Canadian on one cruise because of that little word A-B-O-U-T. Ya, I didn't quite get it either!! :confused:

That sounds good!! :D I've always wanted to do a B2B on the Imagination!! :D My 1st ship and she will always have a special place in my heart!! :D

You said you were identifyed as a Canadian because of your "eh"? Get this one - I was identifyed as a Canadian on one cruise because of that little word A-B-O-U-T. Ya, I didn't quite get it either!! :confused:

Hi Avril!

Did they think you pronounced "about" like "aboot"? I was told on our last cruise that we sounded as though we were from Fargo! Funny!

It seems now that we're looking at the Dream in March 2012...originally, I was planning a family cruise for summer 2012, but, and rightly so, many pointed that we already had great weather in most parts of Canada at that time, and would appreciate some sun in the winter. I'll buy that! So we discussed November, which is when DH and I have cruised in the past. However, we'd have to pull the kids out of school....so....we're talking about March break now. However, as I have found out, my kids' March breaks will not fall on the same week. One will have to miss school.

Not an easy thing to organize....!

What are your thoughts?

I think it 's time for a CC Crazy Canuck poll!

I would be interestedin the two Freedom itineraries - either the 8 day eastern or 8 day western (some interesting ports on both of these!). Otherwise if going for the 'ship' I would choose the Dream 7 day eastern out of Port Canaveral. Of course all these itineraries could change by November 2012?. (I know they are trying to make nov 11 a stat holiday for everyone so if pulling kids out of school there's one less day! :D)

I would be interestedin the two Freedom itineraries - either the 8 day eastern or 8 day western (some interesting ports on both of these!). Otherwise if going for the 'ship' I would choose the Dream 7 day eastern out of Port Canaveral. Of course all these itineraries could change by November 2012?. (I know they are trying to make nov 11 a stat holiday for everyone so if pulling kids out of school there's one less day! :D)

Hi Froufie -thanks for your input :) They really should make November 11th a national holiday (wonder if Quebec would jump on board - somehow, our gov't has to be different!).

I think the Dream would work (yummy pasta bar), the next challenge will be to get a date everyone can agree to. No November 2012 dates are available as yet - so we have lot's of time to discuss!

I'd settle for any ship, any place warm after the last 2 weeks.. even North Dakota is warmer then we are:eek:.

The Dream would be fine too. I love the Eastern Caribbean..but the Magic would be OK too but I thought it would be neat to cruise on a brand new ship..

Oh and Sharon my Dh did say the out in boot thing until I Manitobanized him..crazy Nova Scotian that he is...

Archived