Need help from N.O. locals

chrismch

In just under 2 weeks, I will be heading to your glorious city for a week of Christmas joy and music. We will be staying in a timeshare on Esplanade. I've looked into shuttle services from the airport to the Jean Lafitte House where we will be staying. The cost is $20 p.p. Could I do better with a taxi?

What are the must sees for the week?

How would you rate the Mardi Gras World museum?

What hotels have the best Christmas decorations to view?

What should I expect in weather - 50's temps and rain?

Do they do walking tours this time of year?

Who has the best revillion lunches?

We are at Holiday Inn and their site says a taxi is about $10 from the airport .. be aware that taxi in New Orleans charge per person, not per cab.

I was there last Dec 4th, and the day before was a snow storm just north of NO and it was the coldest cruise Iv ever done, period. It was still in the 40s, during breakfast our first day at sea.

I will be back for the cruise before Christmas next month, not a local, but it can be cold going out of NO.

PS why do you only want locals to answer you? sure limits the replies .. I just decided to jump in since no one else was.

I personally think the acquarium is the best if you have time. I also plan to stop by Brothers, not fancy, entrees to pick from mostly then we are going to DuMond? for coffee and dessert.

fires on point, btw we are getting a cold front starting at the end of this week.

as for taxis, you shuttle sounds like a good deal to me taxis have fixd rates from the airport to downtown. Not sure of the rates however, but google United cab new orleans or yellow cab new orleans , it may be posted on the sites.

i answered your other question on your other thread but know weather doesn't stop a thing in NOLA, we go from hot, to cold to hot again in a week. bring clothes for both weathers. anything you can do in the spring/summer you can do in fall/winter here.

Archived