Shopping!

karabear15

Has anyone gone to the shopping information meeting recently while onboard? I believe it is held on the first sea day. I remember my mom and I going to one last year and it was held before we docked at the first island.

Anyways, my question...are they still selling the shoppers coupon book to use on the islands, and does anyone know if they will be continuing it this new year. I know the book we bought expires in December, but as I am cruising mid-January, I was hoping to get another one.

I have found better deals with out the coupon book for shopping. (I know I will take some heat for this) The book (in my opinion) just leads you to the shops that pay to get the advertisement from the cruise ships. It's a nice talk but not worth my time since I found none of the coupons to be usefull. We found a great Jewelry store in St Martin and another nice one in St Thomas that we use every time we go. I have a friend who now goes to St Martin on her own with friends for a land vacation and she always goes to see Bernie and he gives her some nice deals...... So its all a matter of prefference I guess.

I hope you find your answers.

Teri

I have found better deals with out the coupon book for shopping. (I know I will take some heat for this) The book (in my opinion) just leads you to the shops that pay to get the advertisement from the cruise ships. It's a nice talk but not worth my time since I found none of the coupons to be usefull. We found a great Jewelry store in St Martin and another nice one in St Thomas that we use every time we go. I have a friend who now goes to St Martin on her own with friends for a land vacation and she always goes to see Bernie and he gives her some nice deals...... So its all a matter of prefference I guess.

I hope you find your answers.

Teri

What are the names of these stores? Where are they located?

Only once. There were two 'pitches'. The first was to shop at those recommended shops. The presenter failed to mention that these shops pay Princess a monthy stipend for the privilage and a commission on the sale. The second was a pitch for top marks on the evaluation form. We walked out after the first five minutes and have never been to one again. Complete waste of time from our perspective.

Only been to one of the presentations many years ago and left within a couple of minutes. I figure if they're telling me where I should be shopping there's probably a financial reason that they're doing so. And, it's probably their financials, not mine.

Archived