Chef's Table on Golden Princess

Woobstr112G

Looking for anyone out there that has recently participated in the Golden's Chef table. Was curious of your thoughts and observations. We are sailing on her Feb 02, 2011 and I really hope to "make the cut" Missed out last year on the Ruby. So in 2011 we have a chance on the Golden and also on the Ruby in October....:):):)

Bob

Well, in my opinion it is well worth the money and something very special. The biggest WOW for me was the pairing of wines with each course. I am not a wine guy at all, but each selection just worked and tasted perfect with each item served. There are three Chef's Tables during your 14 day cruise. On our Golden cruise, a bunch of people signed up then later cancelled. Princess ended up advertising it in the daily Patter. I think initially they get lots signing up and then half drop out. We called the dine line upon boarding and could not get thru. We started asking staff down in the International Cafe how or who to talk too. To our surprise, the head chef was who we ran into and he made a phone call and we were instantly on the list. I am kind of a picky eater, so I did not care for all the goodies we were served before dinner, but I did try everything. The tour and table service were top notch. Now that I have done it and enjoyed it, I will probably take the 75.00 and go to the Crown Grill 3 times on the next cruise. It also was very good.

Well, in my opinion it is well worth the money and something very special. The biggest WOW for me was the pairing of wines with each course. I am not a wine guy at all, but each selection just worked and tasted perfect with each item served. There are three Chef's Tables during your 14 day cruise. On our Golden cruise, a bunch of people signed up then later canceled. Princess ended up advertising it in the daily Patter. I think initially they get lots signing up and then half drop out. We called the dine line upon boarding and could not get thru. We started asking staff down in the International Cafe how or who to talk too. To our surprise, the head chef was who we ran into and he made a phone call and we were instantly on the list. I am kind of a picky eater, so I did not care for all the goodies we were served before dinner, but I did try everything. The tour and table service were top notch. Now that I have done it and enjoyed it, I will probably take the 75.00 and go to the Crown Grill 3 times on the next cruise. It also was very good.

Thanks for the reply. I also enjoyed the wine parings at dinner when we tried the CT on the Emerald (2008). I am really hoping we get selected on the Golden in February. For that matter, I hope I get it on the Ruby as well.....:):):)

Bob

We did the Chef's table for first time on Golden in April. We are not foodies so don't bother spending the extra money for specialty restaurants but this was well worth the money. The whole experience from sparkling wine and hors d'horves in the galley to the wine pairing and great food (lobster and filet mignon and scallops) cooked by the chef beside our table in the dining room was awewsome and would do again without question.

Enjoy.

I do wonder with such nice selections offered in the galley, how a small cold carved potato with a glob of foul tasting black caviar (black salmon eggs?) on top made the list. Yuk!!!!:D

Some people just don't know what's good . . . [shaking head sadly]. On the bright side, that leaves more for me!

I do wonder with such nice selections offered in the galley, how a small cold carved potato with a glob of foul tasting black caviar (black salmon eggs?) on top made the list. Yuk!!!!:D

I have to admit with not having caviar before (and not a potato fan) this wasn't my favourite food item but the experience was still fabulous.

I have to admit with not having caviar before (and not a potato fan) this wasn't my favourite food item but the experience was still fabulous.

I agree, it was still fabulous. I suppose they insist on placing that awful appetizer in the rotation as a palette cleanser:D

Archived