RCI Visa Card...tacky question but I need help from the experts!

roscoegirl

I will be sailing on 'the other cruise line' in a few weeks. I was wondering (even while typing this, it sounds like a dumb question) if I used my RCI-Visa card for my on-board purchases on that cruiseline, would it be considered 'other' charges and therefore, I would gain my one point per dollar spent? Example: sailing on HAL (not really), use the RCI-Visa card for all of our HAL onboard expenses. Charged to RCI-Visa; would I still get the one point per dollar? I think yes but this is the first time using this card for points other than paying on an RCI cruise. Thanks for your input.:) Oh, duh..you can tell which cruiseline by my signature...this still feels so tacky to me but if I do this, I'm better off for my next RCI cruise!!:D

Thanks again!

Thanks guys...you know you are right! I think I just needed someone to tell me that this is nothing to be concerned about...I just remembered: I'm the one paying the bill...Carnival could care less about the CC as long as it's good and my expenses are covered! RCI only cares that I cruise with them AND spend more money!!!!!!:) I knew this was a dumb question...sorry I wasted you time...

I am using my RCCL card to pay for my cruise, etc. I am sure I will get a giggle.

Iv used my RCL VISA card for about 6 Carnival cruises .. not even a raised eyebrow, much less a giggle .. I dont think they noticed. No one but you will care it has a RCL ship as the logo.

Be sure to claim the points within 60 months. I just had 1200 points removed 2 days before booking our second cruise and there was no way to recover them. :mad:

Ouch!! I have two cruises booked for 2011 and 2012...I should be o.k. being w/in the 60 month period. I've realized it was silly of me to even think that using the RCL Visa on Carnival would be tacky...the cruiselines don't care what cards we use...just that we use them! Thanks again for all the comments----I actually saw a similar post on the Carnival board and I had to LOL! (see, wasn't just me being stupid;))

Archived