liquor purchase on board vs port

sara mom

Leaving on my first RCI cruise coming up. I know on Carnival there was a liquor store on board that was pretty comparable in price to the prices in St Martin. The liquor purchased would then be delivered to your room the last night of the trip so you could pack it. Does RCI have the same thing?

Thanks for your help!

Leaving on my first RCI cruise coming up. I know on Carnival there was a liquor store on board that was pretty comparable in price to the prices in St Martin. The liquor purchased would then be delivered to your room the last night of the trip so you could pack it. Does RCI have the same thing?

Thanks for your help!

Yes they do. Check out the prices in the shop on board prior to going to St.Maarten so you can do a price comparison.

If you find it cheaper in port and purchase it there, when you board the ship, they will hold it for you until the last night of the cruise.

Don't forget to compare sizes as well ... sometimes they are 1 L bottles in the ship's store and 750 mL bottles on land. If you are looking for something specific, you might also price it at home just so you can judge your savings. Since I fly, I generally won't buy something a few dollars cheaper because it's a pain to transport.

We compared prices on-board to those in St Martin and prices in St Martin were much cheaper across the board. Only exception was Amarula which is the same on-board. St Thomas prices were a bit higher than St Martin but comparable to on-board prices. If you purchase liquor in the ports it will be taken at the gangway and delivered to your stateroom around 3-6pm the last day.

Archived