Christmas Cruise Quandary

cookingchick

My husband and I are going to be cruising from 12/23 to 12/27 from Mobile, AL to Cozumel. I'm pretty sure Christmas Eve is formal night and I have a great black velvet evening gown that I will be wearing for that.

I have resort dresses for the first and last night of the cruise but I'm unsure about what to wear on Christmas night (which is a port day). Since it's Christmas I'm thinking of forgoing the usual sundress and wearing a nicer cocktail dress like this:

100792112_150.jpg

What do you think?

It's terrible! You must not wear that dress! :eek:

You must send it directly to me!!!:D

Only kidding! It's gorgeous and perfect for the occasion! May I ask where you got it?

LOL...thanks! The one I have looks just like this but has a nude colored bodice with black lace overlay. I got it last fall at JC Penney...shutter pleats were everywhere at that time...I don't know if they're still selling this year but if you google "shutter pleat dress" you should be able to find some.

My husband and I are going to be cruising from 12/23 to 12/27 from Mobile, AL to Cozumel. I'm pretty sure Christmas Eve is formal night and I have a great black velvet evening gown that I will be wearing for that.

I have resort dresses for the first and last night of the cruise but I'm unsure about what to wear on Christmas night (which is a port day). Since it's Christmas I'm thinking of forgoing the usual sundress and wearing a nicer cocktail dress like this:

100792112_150.jpg

What do you think?

Think it looks great I am also going a little more dressed up on Christmas day even though think Christmas eve is the formal night but it is the Christmas week

Love the dress!

On our Christmas cruise a couple of years ago, Christmas Eve or Christmas (I forget which) was the formal night and the other was declared "optional formal night". Most people in the MDR were dressed very nicely both nights.

Good to know...thanks so much!

Love the dress!

On our Christmas cruise a couple of years ago, Christmas Eve or Christmas (I forget which) was the formal night and the other was declared "optional formal night". Most people in the MDR were dressed very nicely both nights.

agreed that the dress is lovely...for our upcoming cruise, I was making the assumption that simplelife expressed above; i.e., that both Christmas Eve and Christmas night would be considered "elegant" nights

I will also be on a Christmas Eve sailing, and I plan on wearing a formal. I will wear a fancy cocktail dress for New Years Eve (we will still be on the same sailing woohooo Christmas and New Years on the ship!)

I say everyone should get fancy and dressed up every night.....it makes things more festive and seem more special!

Archived