What is a Flash Promotion and how will I know it?

Go-Bucks!

I would like to know specifically how to know if an offer from Princess is a "flash promotion." I read so many things on CC about these deals, but I'm still not sure what they really are.

For example, I get many, many brochures and flyers by snail mail from Princess, as well as email "deals." But I've never seen the term "flash promotion" on any of them. Are there other ways they inform the public of these deals? Are they only last minute or are they also further in advance?

Thanks for your help!

Normally flash promotions are available for some sailings (that have a certain percentage of cabins still available) after final payment date. The best way to find out which sailings are offering these deals is to locate a good travel agent. They are not listed on the Princess site as flash promotions, and a good discount TA can give you an even better price with a flash promotion.

Normally flash promotions are available for some sailings (that have a certain percentage of cabins still available) after final payment date. The best way to find out which sailings are offering these deals is to locate a good travel agent. They are not listed on the Princess site as flash promotions, and a good discount TA can give you an even better price with a flash promotion.

Good description. I just booked a Princess cruise and when I asked the TA why this particular cruise didn't have on board credit when I had seen other sailings offering it on later dates, He explained the Princess will sometimes do flash promotions to sell cabins on sailings that have a lot of open cabins, generally within 60 days of sailing and they normally don't also offer obc because the price is low.

I asked the same question a couple of months ago after the price of our Feb 2011 cruise dropped several hundred dollars and I requested a re-fare from our TA only to be told it was a "flash" promotion - and it was a good two months before final payment date!

This is one of those instances where having a good TA makes the difference. Besides, you can always get a better price using a high-volume TA than booking directly with Princess and it saves waiting or hoping for a flash promotion. Waiting to book until the last minute in hopes of a flash promotion can get you a great deal if you're flexible or willing to wait, but there are never any guarantees there will be a flash promotion for the cruise you want.

Only Princess/TA can see/quote/book a FLASH fare.

Ummm..I saw the price reduction on the Princess site, sent an email to my TA who said that rate was a "Flash Promotion" and didn't qualify for me to get a reduction. I called Princess to verify but they said they couldn't comment and that I had to rely on my TA. So I saw it!

Ummm..I saw the price reduction on the Princess site, sent an email to my TA who said that rate was a "Flash Promotion" and didn't qualify for me to get a reduction. I called Princess to verify but they said they couldn't comment and that I had to rely on my TA. So I saw it!

Maybe so but thats what I was told. :o

I asked the same question a couple of months ago after the price of our Feb 2011 cruise dropped several hundred dollars and I requested a re-fare from our TA only to be told it was a "flash" promotion - and it was a good two months before final payment date!

A short while ago (a month or two ago) there was a computer glitch in Princess's system and they were not allowing refares for several days (both Princess and travel agents were cancelling and rebooking to get price reductions). It was a big deal on CC and then Princess seemed to have fixed it and people were able to refare their rates a few days later.

Archived