IPad/room safe question????

martyap

iPad will definitely fit in the S-Class safes, and with lots of room to spare. I have a 10" netbook, stuffed that in with my wife's purse, DLSR camera, . . . no worries,and room to spare.

I believe I read that netbooks and the iPad (~same size as a 10" netbook) will also fit in the smaller safes on the other ships, . . . but just barely.

iPad will definitely fit in the S-Class safes, and with lots of room to spare. I have a 10" netbook, stuffed that in with my wife's purse, DLSR camera, . . . no worries,and room to spare.

I believe I read that netbooks and the iPad (~same size as a 10" netbook) will also fit in the smaller safes on the other ships, . . . but just barely.

I'll be on the Millie....Is that a smaller safe?

I'll be on the Millie....Is that a smaller safe?

Yup, Millennium has the smaller safes. I just left my laptop on the desk as it was password protected. I doubt your stateroom attendant will walk away with it.

If it won't fit in the safe, I would just put it in the closet -- no one's going to mess with it or search your belongings looking for it.

There's only a few hot spots on the M-Class ships. They'll give you a listing of those areas when you get on board. I always used the Oceanview Cafe up in the buffet area when I went on line.

Yup, Millennium has the smaller safes. I just left my laptop on the desk as it was password protected. I doubt your stateroom attendant will walk away with it.

If it won't fit in the safe, I would just put it in the closet -- no one's going to mess with it or search your belongings looking for it.

There's only a few hot spots on the M-Class ships. They'll give you a listing of those areas when you get on board. I always used the Oceanview Cafe up in the buffet area when I went on line.

Thanks....what are the charges? Is there a package I can purchase?

It costs about $.65 a minute, and yes, they have packages you can buy.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000iWuGDkxi1cOT_eXnsygNtKs:12hdbcuh7?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=515&pagename=faq_answers

Safes on all boats are small, I would say tuck it into a drawer or under your dirty laundry. The cabin attendants are too busy to be digging thru your dirty underwear I hope, and keeping it out of sight for the opportunistic thief is generally good enough!

You know you will rack up some pretty expensive minutes and they will be "slow" minutes with ship board internet.

Will an IPad easily fit in the room safe? Just don't want to leave it lying around when not in use.:eek:

I always have to take my laptop on a cruise because of work. The best thing to do is connect up, download all your messages and disconnect. Then compose all your replies off-line, reconnect and send them. This way you don't rack up a lot of charges staying on-line all the time, especially with a slow connection. It's usually best to buy a package, but it depends on how much you're going to use your computer. You should be able to find the charges on the Celebrity website.

I always leave my laptop in the closet or out on the desk and have never had a problem, I'm sure no room steward would interfere with it.

I cable tether my laptop to the bed frame with a cable lock.

Does anyone know if the Ipad has one of those squareholes on its frame for a cable lock? Surely it must.

Never had an issue using one of cable locks

Can't see anything on my Ipad that could be used for a cable lock.

Archived