New to RC Looking for Cabin Advice on the Oasis

My husband and I have taken 2 cruises on Princess and loved both of them. Now we are going to book on the Oasis for Nov 2011. We are looking at 2 cabins. One is 8224 an oceanview balcony on the Central Park deck. The other is 7252, also an oceanview balcony cabin. The room on deck 7 is closer to elevators, but it looks like it is the cabin right next to the hump. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best cabin locations on the Oasis? All advice will be greatly appreciated.

I think you would enjoy being in either cabin. We really liked being on deck eight because of our proximity to Central Park. The Park Cafe was great for breakfast, lunch, and in between snacks. I'm sure you've heard about the wonderful roast beef sandwiches there!

Anyway, after the pool or after coming back on board it was nice to be able to get a snack so close to your room (or bring it back to your room).

As the previous poster mentioned, deck 8 is a graet location, in no small part because of Central Park, close proximity to The Royal promanade, and The Boardwalk. And the roast beef sandwiches are special, as are the soups to go with them.

One thing to keep in mind. The balcony cabins are somewhat small. At 6'2" and 230 pounds, I could almost reach from one wall to the other with my arms. Fortunatly, we were in a junior suite, which was on a hump, cabin 8240. If you like a little room, and a nice walk-in closet, give a JS some thought.

I'm leaning toward 8224 but am curious to why that particular room is available on every deck. Is there something about a 224 cabin I need to know?

I haven't had a cabin on this deck but I took a look at the deck plans and really don't see any issues. You're not that far from the lifts so it looks like a good area to me. :)

I haven't had a cabin on this deck but I took a look at the deck plans and really don't see any issues. You're not that far from the lifts so it looks like a good area to me. :)

Thank you for your response. It is so difficult choosing a cabin on a new ship.

I booked a cabin on floor Ten we will have four adults is this going to be ok they said it had 174 square feet . I have been on several cruises on RC but this is the first time without my husband he passed away this past Feb and we had wanted to go on the oasis ..

I will miss him but taking my daughter in law and son and a friend .. how much bigger is this cabin than your typical inside cabin which they told me is about 142 square feet .. does anyone have a picture I quess it is L catagory .. I would appreciate any help or assistance or if you have a picture of htis type of cabin . It is on the tenth floor ..

I am just scared .. traveling without my husband too for the first time . I also have a little service emotional support animal and I have found that I can take him once I produce his paper work if he lives till April .. he is 15 .. thank you all so much for help if you have it and I wonder how much more it would be to get ajoining cabins it is all I can really afford this but i wonder if I should call my agent i hate to keep bugging them ..

Archived