Curacao Execursions....any experiences?

HappyCampers3

Looking at some Celebrity excursions and was wondering if anyone had an opinion or experienced any of them: Curacao Kayak Adventures; Snorkel Trip by Boat; Curacao Snorkel Cruise & Sightseeing; Day at the Beach by Boat; or Fun Beach Express, Sightseeing & Snorkel. If you've done any of these, tell me what you thought and whether or not it was worth doing.

Lot's and lot's and lot's of shopping in Curacao. We were just there while they were having a big festival and it was quite crowded. It was our port that we had decided to just hang out and shop at. It was way too crowded that day for most of that.

The floating pontoon bridge is pretty interesting.

Sorry but don't have an answer to your question about excursions there.

I will say that most of the excursions we took on X were well organized & enjoyable

I'm not sure if Leo still is doing tours, if he isn't it would be a shame.

Most "tour guys" when you want to do something custom rarely listen to you and fut 'their" tour route over top of what you want to do, but our tour of the island was completely our choice.

Henry"Leo"Plaate Rent-A-Guide served us very well in January 2007.

I have no Lat?Lon for him though

The town is scenic and about a 10-15 minuite walk from the furthest point the cruise ship will dock. Personally, we enjoyed seeing it but were not crazy about the shopping.

We've taken a taxi to a couple great beaches. There are recommendations in the Curaco forum for some that have nice snorkeling and other facilities so I'd suggest looking at some of the comments there. Our favorite so far is Playa Porto Mari

Lsimon,

BTW we always take note of your posts. You are well informed and so willing to share your info. Thank you very much!!:D

Regarding Curaco, you wrote.......................

"We've taken a taxi to a couple great beaches. There are recommendations in the Curaco forum for some that have nice snorkeling and other facilities so I'd suggest looking at some of the comments there. Our favorite so far is Playa Porto Mari __________________"

We are interested in doing this in Jan. How far in a taxi & @ how much $?

Thanks so much for all of your answers to so many questions in so many posts!!

Hi. We (2 couples) did this last year from the Millenium. Boat takes you to resort area where you get lounge - and I think maybe a free soft drink.

You can snorkel from the beach or just hang out. We really liked it.

Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide to do!

PS. Make sure you try the local liqueurs....they'll be for sale near the dock so you don't have to carry far if you buy. Love the chocolate and coffee flavors!

Lsimon' date='

BTW we always take note of your posts. You are well informed and so willing to share your info. Thank you very much!!:D

Regarding Curaco, you wrote.......................

"We've taken a taxi to a couple great beaches. There are recommendations in the Curaco forum for some that have nice snorkeling and other facilities so I'd suggest looking at some of the comments there. Our favorite so far is Playa Porto Mari __________________"

We are interested in doing this in Jan. How far in a taxi & @ how much $?

Thanks so much for all of your answers to so many questions in so many posts!![/quote']

Thanks for the kind comments.

Here is a couple links to prior posts in the Curacao thread that discuss beaches and snorkeling which answer your questions. There are lots more of great beach and snorkeling discussions there:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=26477524

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=26418965

Archived