Freebies for Platinum Plus

AWCHIEF

A few days ago I asked John H. on his facebook page what was up with the rumors of soda coupons as the free gift for Platinum passengers. He responded this morning. He said that it was soda coupons for now and asked me what I thought about that.

This is my response:

"Not really much of a thank you. Seems sort cheap to me. I would prefer something more personal & with more of a memory feeling to it. My first Platinum cruise is today on the Elation & I was actually looking forward to the frame."

What how do others feel about this?

A few days ago I asked John H. on his facebook page what was up with the rumors of soda coupons as the free gift for Platinum passengers. He responded this morning. He said that it was soda coupons for now and asked me what I thought about that.

This is my response:

"Not really much of a thank you. Seems sort cheap to me. I would prefer something more personal & with more of a memory feeling to it. My first Platinum cruise is today on the Elation & I was actually looking forward to the frame."

We expect some changes for the program....they said soon but they have said that for a while. Enjoy your cruise!

This is my response:

I think it's a slap in the face. And your response is in the ball park.

However be aware that the Carnival cheer leaders will try and chew you a new one ;)

I think it's a slap in the face. And your response is in the ball park.

However be aware that the Carnival cheer leaders will try and chew you a new one ;)

LOL, No doubt but not a problem, I have a pretty thick skin. Plus by the time I get back from my B2B the storm will be over and forgotten. Have no fear - I will use the drink coupons and say thank you to Carnival for them. They are free so I have nothing to complain about. John did say that he would make sure that there was something special waiting in the cabin for me. How in the world he finds time for all our crazy issues is amazing to me with his busy schedule. He is the picture perfect example of "Customer Service" and a wonderful ambassador for his employer. Leaving in about an hour for Mobile to board the Elation. Life sure is good.

We are not really soda drinkers so lost on us unless we can swap a bunch for a drink.

The whole platinum package is great and look at it as a package not one thing.

Having said that tired of getting picture frames. Wish they had a list of things you can pick from.

This is my response:

Along this same line... place your vote on this POLL I started a few days ago.

Tom

Good Morning Chief!

We will see you Thursday for the second leg of your B2B.

As for the drink coupons...

I figure that the coupons are only a filler until the new loyalty/rewards program is unveiled.

Enjoy your week, See ya Thursday!

Our first Platinum cruise is next month. We already have soda coupons ordered from Bon Voyage. I would like to have something lasting to remember our first Platinum cruise, some kind of logo item. I'm glad we will get pins again. I was collecting them.

Sewut

Having said that tired of getting picture frames. Wish they had a list of things you can pick from.

I agree.. I would like the beach bag.. the thermos maybe another frame but it would be nice to have a choice... I don't want OBC.. I want something that I can physically bring back home...;)

LOL, No doubt but not a problem, I have a pretty thick skin. Plus by the time I get back from my B2B the storm will be over and forgotten. Have no fear - I will use the drink coupons and say thank you to Carnival for them. They are free so I have nothing to complain about. John did say that he would make sure that there was something special waiting in the cabin for me. How in the world he finds time for all our crazy issues is amazing to me with his busy schedule. He is the picture perfect example of "Customer Service" and a wonderful ambassador for his employer. Leaving in about an hour for Mobile to board the Elation. Life sure is good.

Enjoy your BTB..........

BTBs or BTBTBs are great........

Soda Coupons,,,,,I hope I can trade them for

bottle water.............

Seems sort cheap to me. I would prefer something more personal & with more of a memory feeling to it. My first Platinum cruise is today on the Elation & I was actually looking forward to the frame." What how do others feel about this?

I'm actually happy about the soda coupons! Cheap? YES, Practical? Absolutely! I really dont' care much for the Platinum picture frame. Already received a couple and they've ended up as re-gifts or at the consignment shop!

I think that a good way to settle this is by giving cruisers a gift like the frame when they first become Platinum, but then for subsequent cruises, give them something more practical...

Carnival has a long way to go with their loyalty program...

I agree.. I would like the beach bag.. the thermos maybe another frame but it would be nice to have a choice... I don't want OBC.. I want something that I can physically bring back home...;)

Kel, why not take the OBC (if offered) and pick out something in the gift shop like a picture frame, jacket, shirt, etc.

Dont take me wrong, Im not disagreeing, Just giving another thought!

Kel, why not take the OBC (if offered) and pick out something in the gift shop like a picture frame, jacket, shirt, etc.

Dont take me wrong, Im not disagreeing, Just giving another thought!

I can't imagine them offering OBC as a perk .. I hope I have to eat my words, but it would surprise the heck out of me.

They probably buy the frames for $1 .. they arent going to replace it with $10 or $20 of OBC.

This is my response:

I agree its chintzy! Another Cahill blunder.

Milestone, free bottled water in the cabin. Have the ships and ports do what is on the Platinum perks today.

Yeah,,,,,,,,,I get free bottled water......LOL.....

I have 26 Cruises with Carnival........

Soon to be 29...............

I'll enjoy my bottled water.......

I am a water drinker............

Archived