The day has arrived - Solstice!

AviGirl

Just wanted to share my excitement with everyone! Hubby and I are at the Hilton Marina Hotel in Fort Lauderdale - we got a room with a view of the port, I wanted to watch the ships come and go. The room is "nice" with a great balcony, however, there is a highway between the hotel and the port so it's not the prettiest view (and a bit noisy when the door is open), but it's still a view of the port. When I woke up this morning there were 8 ships docked, including Solstice. I would have like to have watched them come in, but I was too busy snoozing, apparently. This will be our first time on Solstice, second time on Celebrity (Century).

Never having been to FLL we ventured out last night and had dinner at Carlos & Pepes - a local Mexican restaurant. We felt confident about our choice has there was a line up waiting for the doors to open at 5pm. If anyone is interested the next time they are in FLL, dinner was good - not "oh my gosh the best Mexican I've ever had" but it was good. Hubby ordered the crap enchiladas and I had the seafood fajitas.

I have a few more hours before we can board, this will be a good time to jump in the shower and have a small breakfast. Have a lovely Sunday everyone...I will try to update throughout our cruise!

Hi, hope you have a wonderful time:):D

I hope your hubby's enchilada's were not "crap':eek:...did you mean to type

something else?:confused:

"Hubby ordered the crap enchiladas"

Anyway, enjoy the cruise.:D

Avigirl,

Wishing you a wonderful voyage...nothing like the excitement of getting on the ship! Six more days for us now. BTW, if you are ever staying near port in Ft. L. again, I'd highly recommend Southport Raw Bar- off 17th St. a few blocks from the port (we were staying at the Hyatt Place). Great seafood and you can sit outside on the intercoastal waterway.

Here is your ship, waiting for you...in front of Nieuw Amsterdam.

Coral Princess seems a little confused as to where she is...a not unusual occurrence with Princess...EM

What a cool screen capture! What website did you find that on?

Avigirl,

Wishing you a wonderful voyage...nothing like the excitement of getting on the ship! Six more days for us now. BTW, if you are ever staying near port in Ft. L. again, I'd highly recommend Southport Raw Bar- off 17th St. a few blocks from the port (we were staying at the Hyatt Place). Great seafood and you can sit outside on the intercoastal waterway.

I also agree with this! We went there on our last trip and it was very good!

Kim

Love Solstice, its Captain, CD and activities staff, and the very personable chefs who did very nice culinary demos on my 7 November cruise. Solstice has a happy, pleasant atmosphere, which I think comes from the top down. I've never seen such friendly, visible officers. The CD is a great singer and entertainer, too. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived