Post pics of your bathing suits you wore on your cruise

kiraryker

I haven't purchased mine yet for our January cruise - I'm thinking I may have to wait until I get to Florida - here in ND they are pretty much gone.

I thought it would be fun to see the different styles everyone wore on their cruise.

I'm debating between a tankini type or a 1 piece - I guess I will have to wait but I'm hoping to find a real cute one - with jewels or something kinda flashy on the top - I like that or maybe just a real fun cover up?

Keep checking in ND, I live in MN and last season's swimwear is long gone, but stores are starting to get them in again, just for people like us, who want to get out of the cold. I was at JCPenny's yesterday and they had several cute ones and they were even on sale (not clearance) Target has also started getting them in.

Sorry if I offended anyone - no I'm not male - I'm a 45yr old mother of 3 - I didn't know swimsuits would be such a touchy issue - I thought with everyone posting thier formal dresses - it would be ok - Well I have been looking at Newport news they have some cute suits but they are sized smaller than I am - I tried a 14 and it was soooo tight!! Not good for my ego -

I looked at JCPennys on line but all that was left were the ugly ones - I'm hoping when we go to Orlando - we are flying in 2 days prior to take the kids to Universal - I will find something at one of the beach shops - hopefully my size SIGH

Sorry again if anyone thought I was a perv looking for a peek show - nope just a mother looking for cute suit ideas. You didn't have to be wearing the swim suit in the picture - could be a picture from the net ----

They have great coverage suits and run true to size (if not on the large side). Love all their suites! ;)

Thanks! I will check them out - and maybe when I hit Minneapolis, that is where we fly out of - it is the largest city by ND I will also try the Target and JCPenny like the previous poster suggested - I kinda know the suit I want it has jewels on the top but I dont know what I would look like since I haven't been able to try one on yet.

Like I said maybe a cute cover up?

Minneapolis only has a Lands End outlet store here which doesn't have a huge selection. If you visit their web site, they have hundreds of combo's of tankinis, one piece, two piece, extra slimming sizes etc. You can even mix and match different styles tops and bottoms. Their suits are very nice and hold up well. Good luck!:)

Nancy

I kinda know the suit I want it has jewels on the top but I dont know what I would look like since I haven't been able to try one on yet.

I hope you can find what you want and you aren't disappointed. It might be hard finding something specific and take up precious vacation time. Have you thought of buying several and returning what you don't want?

My mother wears the Landsend tankinis. They cover your middle, but the bottoms are easy to pull down for going to the bathroom and whatnot (that's the pain of one-pieces, really... and wedgies). Landsend has great selection, and if you order from them and they don't fit, you can return to your local Sears and save shipping costs!

http://www.landsend.com/ix/womens-clothing/Women/Swimsuits/index.html?seq=1~2~3&catNumbers=83~134&visible=1~2~1&store=le&sort=Recommended&pageSize=12&tab=2&pageSize=12&pageSize=12&page=1

Cute!! Where did you get the silver one? That is what I was hoping for something with jewels or a little more flashy on the top and then maybe skirt or shorts for bottom

I think that is Roamans.com. They are plus size wear though. That one was on clearance for $40 back over the summer.

http://www.everythingbutwater.com/

We have one in our local mall. Swimsuits all year! They have really nice quality things too! Other than this place, QVC sometimes has them. My neighbor is a QVC addict and she says they carry a brand that is supposed to be very slimming if you need that feature...(and who doesn't):rolleyes:.

I found it. http://www.qvc.com/cgen/render.aspx?qp=class|6956&rewrite=no&level=2&walk.yah=0100-6956 The brands she wears are It Figures! and Miracle Suit. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

PS I always buy bathing suits one size up. ;)

This catalog carries shape FX suits and they have teamed with the designer Carlos falchi for some very glamorous suits. The suits have built in shape wear

But believe me if you order go up one size cuz this shape wear is no joke.

I know fashion is pain but breathing is important too :D

These are two that I've worn on my past 2 cruises. Both are from Spiegel. They're Shape Fx. I ordered a size 8 in both, which is my usual swimwear size. Spiegel told me they are true to size. I also had ordered two others - one-shouldered 1 pieces - and I kept all 4! One of the 1 pieces is a tropical print, the other is black with gold grommets in a sunburst design. The one piece below has boning in it, kind of like a corset.

5251257871_0c7faa164c_m.jpg 5251272149_c83edc1df9_m.jpg

These are two that I've worn on my past 2 cruises. Both are from Spiegel. They're Shape Fx. I ordered a size 8 in both, which is my usual swimwear size. Spiegel told me they are true to size. I also had ordered two others - one-shouldered 1 pieces - and I kept all 4! One of the 1 pieces is a tropical print, the other is black with gold grommets in a sunburst design. The one piece below has boning in it, kind of like a corset.

5251257871_0c7faa164c_m.jpg 5251272149_c83edc1df9_m.jpg

Cute! I like the pink looks nice with your dark hair - I just checked and JcPenny and Target must have their 2011 suits in - some nice ones but I will look at Spiegel also.

My mother wears the Landsend tankinis. They cover your middle, but the bottoms are easy to pull down for going to the bathroom and whatnot (that's the pain of one-pieces, really... and wedgies). Landsend has great selection, and if you order from them and they don't fit, you can return to your local Sears and save shipping costs!

http://www.landsend.com/ix/womens-clothing/Women/Swimsuits/index.html?seq=1~2~3&catNumbers=83~134&visible=1~2~1&store=le&sort=Recommended&pageSize=12&tab=2&pageSize=12&pageSize=12&page=1

I love the tankinis at Landsend. I just purchased two that I wore on my Thanksgiving cruise. I saved about 50% as well since it was past season when I purchased them.

Archived