Tipping and OBC

ktrwe1

I am a first time cruiser, and I was wondering if I can use my OBC for gratuity? If so how do I do that and ensure the gratuity does not get charged to my credit card?

TIA

I would assume that the tips would be charged to your onboard account along with all of your other onboard purchases, drinks etc and then the OBC would come off the total at the end and the remainder would be charged to your credit card.

If you have enough OBC to cover the $9.75 per person per day of your cruise - go to guest services a day or 2 into the crusie and complete the form requesting the gratuities be added to your account.

Any and all charges while on the cruise will be first deducted from your obc and the remainder will be taken from however you've arranged to pay your SeaPass account.

I suppose I'm being nosy - but why the aversion to your gratuities be charged to your credit card? If you order a drink - a gratuity will be charged to your seapass account.

If you are doing MTD or you prebook ship's excursions, they will be charged to your credit card before you sail. However, if you are in the MDR or book excursions while on the ship, any OBC you have will be applied against those charges.

Archived