BOA Visa double points ending soon

BroncosFan2010

Thanks Andy..

We recently went to alot of trouble to re-balance our credit limits on the Royal & Celebrity BOA accts to make them more equal (had to add DH to one so we could do it)

We are expecting to make final payment on an Equinox cruise in early Nov on the Celebrity card & then as soon as those dbl points hit, redeem them for on bd credit for a Jan cruise. Will this still work out?

We also have some accumulated Royal points from our Royal cruise in April but no Royal cruises in the near future-- wonder if they'll convert that to some other Reward??

guess I better make some calls...

Can you explain precisely how you went about getting OBC? I have had the same experience as the previous poster--cannot get OBC. It wants to sell me all sorts of RCI cruises instead. If I wanted RCI cruises, I'd have the RCI card. Grrrrrrr!

Well, this is how I did it.

Logged on to my BOA account.

When my Celebrity Amex account came up, I clicked on "rewards"

Then clicked on "gift cards"

Then clicked on "World Points" located on left side of page

When that page came up, clicked on the Celebrity Cruises box (about halfway down the page on the right side)

When that page came up, clicked on "Cruises"

When the next page came up, I clicked on the selection for OBC

I selected the $50 OBC for 5,000 points and dropped one in my cart (I had 8,000 plus points). I followed the prompts for check out. Since I still have 3,000 points left, when I make final payment next month for my Eclipse cruise, I'll order another $50 OBC.

I then repeated the same steps for my DH account (he had over 10,000 points, so I ordered two $50 OBC vouchers).

Hope this helps.

Jo-Ann

Well, this is how I did it.

Logged on to my BOA account.

When my Celebrity Amex account came up, I clicked on "rewards"

Then clicked on "gift cards"

Then clicked on "World Points" located on left side of page

When that page came up, clicked on the Celebrity Cruises box (about halfway down the page on the right side)

When that page came up, clicked on "Cruises"

When the next page came up, I clicked on the selection for OBC

I selected the $50 OBC for 5,000 points and dropped one in my cart (I had 8,000 plus points). I followed the prompts for check out. Since I still have 3,000 points left, when I make final payment next month for my Eclipse cruise, I'll order another $50 OBC.

I then repeated the same steps for my DH account (he had over 10,000 points, so I ordered two $50 OBC vouchers).

Hope this helps.

Jo-Ann

Yes, but you redeemed AMEX points. The concern that we all have is for the Celebrity VISA card program.

Still unable to access World Points, either via my Celebrity Visa account or directly. I have tried the website you pointed me to, Host Andy, but it will not load. OK, so perhaps it's something about my browser (Safari) that has some sort of incompatibility issue, but nobody at World Points can get me to anyone who can help. I do thank you for calling Celebrity today about this. I'll keep at it, but I'm really disgusted with BoA right now.

https://wwwa.managerewardsonline.bankofamerica.com/RWDapp/home?mc=maxrwd

I used this site yesterday. I was able to redeem both AMEX and VISA points.

I don't think we'll be using the cards unless they come up with a 3% promo as they do from time to time. That is the only reason that I don't simply cancel the cards. I think it was the beginning of 2009, there were so many issues with the AMEX card that I could have screamed. Good luck, I know how frustrating it can be. Hopefully Celerity will find another vendor for their cards.

I tried 3 times yesterday and at least 5 times today. I get all the way to the submission line and press "submit". Then a screen appears and says "Sorry we can't process your request now" or something like that.

I am requesting cash, not OBC. I am getting fed up!

Maybe I am doing something wrong in my request? When I do the amount to put into the slot one says Check and the other says Checking Account. I put the amount to redeem in the Check slot. (the points, not the dollar amount).

Those of you that did have success....anyone request cash instead of the OBC?

Spoke with Celebrity & BOA today about our Celebrity rewards BOA card today-- we are still accumulating points & expecting to redeem some for our January cruise just after we make final payment...

I would not mind switching the Royal Points BOA to some other rewards options as we do expect too many more Royal cruises ahead--just do not like the bigger ships & Radiance Class ships don't always go to where we want to cruise.. have to call them & see what we can do..

I have been told that their phone agents can do cash redemptions, so I guess my advice would be to call in your request. My frustration continues, as it appears to be some strange glitch involving Safari/Earthlink/BoA/WorldPoints which no one can diagnose.

Oh, and I have been told that there will be no new branded cards for any of the BoA affinities, so that would include Royal Caribbean. Current card holders are supposed to be ok for now, but no new ones will be issued and eventually, perhaps, all the branded cards will be phased out.

........ I think it was the beginning of 2009, there were so many issues with the AMEX card that I could have screamed. Good luck, I know how frustrating it can be. Hopefully Celerity will find another vendor for their cards.
It would be great if they would go to Capital One Visa Platinum cards. That is what we have now and requesting cash back takes less than a minute. You dial an automated number, enter your account number, choose whether you want a check or a credit to your account, and hang up.

That's all there is to it. No need to log into any online web site , no forms to fill out, nothing to mail in or fax anywhere. We got this card because they do not charge any fee for foreign currency conversion, but their quick and easy cash back procedure is an extra plus.

I have been told that their phone agents can do cash redemptions, so I guess my advice would be to call in your request. My frustration continues, as it appears to be some strange glitch involving Safari/Earthlink/BoA/WorldPoints which no one can diagnose.

Oh, and I have been told that there will be no new branded cards for any of the BoA affinities, so that would include Royal Caribbean. Current card holders are supposed to be ok for now, but no new ones will be issued and eventually, perhaps, all the branded cards will be phased out.

Well, the only time I requested point redemption via the phone it did not work. The phone rep said that I was all set to get my OBC's, and I should receive a certificate soon in the mail to verify and then I was to call X and apply to my cruise. It did not arrive in 2 weeks, and I noticed that no points had been deducted from my account.

My next move is to call.....sigh.:mad:

I have been told that the phone reps can only do cash redemptions, not OBC. They keep telling me that the only way to do OBC is on their website, which I am unable to access, but if I was willing to do cash (at the lesser rate of redemption) they would be able to do that by phone. So I am not surprised, gracecarmo, that you weren't able to do OBC by phone. I've spoken to 18 different BoA and WorldPoints personnel as of this afternoon......Arggh!

I don't know if this story helps, but FIA is/was also the agent for the Schwab credit card. (One of the greatest credit cards ever: 2% cash back on all purchases and no foreign exchange fees of any kind) About 6 months ago, as I recall, Schwab announced that it would no longer issue any new Schwab credit cards, but the old ones would be unaffected. Of course, we all suspected that this was the handwriting on the wall, and sure enough, a couple of weeks ago Schwab sent us a letter indicating that October would be the end of Schwab's affiliation with the credit card.

The good news is that FIA has stated it will continue to honor the conditions of the former Schwab card (now, apparently, an unaffiliated VISA card, although I continue to use the piece of plastic which has SCHWAB printed across its face). That means those of us who started out with a Schwab card but now seem to have an FIA card, if once can say that, will still get 2% back, and can still arrange for this to go directly into our Schwab brokerage accounts if we wish.

Based on that experience, one can hope, at least, that for a while you will still be able to accumulate the rewards you got when your card was a Celebrity card, although that obviously will depend on cooperation from Celebrity.

Bill

I did redeem my points for OBC...but there was a slight "problem."

On the VISA side it asks for your ship and sailing date. The AMEX side does not. I called the Capt's Club and "Jason" was able to split the $150.00 credits between two sailings.

I hope Celebrity does find a new bank or vendor. BOA is impossible! I feel the pain that some of you are experiencing. Hang in there as best that you can.

Yes, but you redeemed AMEX points. The concern that we all have is for the Celebrity VISA card program.

It shouldn't matter whether it's Amex or Visa. It's redeemed through BOA's website, not Amex. My RCI card is VISA and it works the same way.

Jo-Ann

Hi Everyone !

I asked the question to Celebrity today. Here is their reply - I hope this helps :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently, Celebrity Cruises has no plans to accept new applications for the Celebrity Rewards Visa credit card.

Celebrity Cruises and Bank of America continue to service existing Celebrity credit card accounts. For redemption and reward information, please visit www.bankofamerica.com/worldpoints and log in with your Celebrity Rewards account. Click on the Celebrity Cruises box on the bottom right of the page.

WorldPoints earned from the Celebrity Rewards Visa credit card continue to be non-transferable to the Royal Caribbean credit card.

The credit card program remains the same.

Thanks, Andy! That link seems to work. When I log in to my Bank of America Visa account and try to access the rewards from there, it doesn't work. Who knows???

I did redeem my points for OBC...but there was a slight "problem."

On the VISA side it asks for your ship and sailing date. The AMEX side does not. I called the Capt's Club and "Jason" was able to split the $150.00 credits between two sailings.

I hope Celebrity does find a new bank or vendor. BOA is impossible! I feel the pain that some of you are experiencing. Hang in there as best that you can.

I must say that I find dealing with Bank of America a major pain in the you know where! If I weren't earning OBC, I'd tell them to take a hike! Many much better credit cards out there.

I completely agree with the statement that there are better credit cards out there. I continue to try the link Andy gave, the BoA site and customer service (!) phone numbers but still no luck. Now the World Points people are blaming my ISP. Sooooo..... I'm going to a friend's house to try it on her computer to see if that makes a difference.

just trying again and again to redeem my BOA AMEX world points. No luck. I get to the screen where I redeem, then the screen that says confirm, then the screen that says processing please wait. Then the screen that says my request could not be processed at this time.

I did find a phone # for the Visa (I also have some visa points). 1-800-434-8313.

Tomorrow I am going to visit our local BOA here where we do a lot business, I am hoping one of the persons there will help me.

What a mess....

I predict that when you call that 800-434-8313 number you will get the same runaround I got. I can save you a bit of grief -- don't even bother going to the option 1 -- that just sends you back to the BoA Visa people, away from WorldPoints. Option 3 gets you to the travel agency folks, who want to book airline or other vacations. Option 2 is a good place to try to start, otherwise option 4 which is the Concierge, and ask to be connected immediately to Customer Service. They will probably tell you that they are unable to do the OBC because it can only be done on line. I wish you the best of luck. This is ridiculously difficult.

Young, Tya <tya.young@bankofamerica.com>

Dorothy.e.walker@bankofamerica.com <Dorothy.e.walker@bankofamerica.com>

I fournd these email addys from my experience on a year ago. ARGH!!! I still remember the agrevation. Who knows if the people have moved into other positions, but at least maybe this will give some of you a direct contact.

And yes, I agree with Cruisestitch, there are better cards out there...unless BOA/Celebrity is doing a 3% promo as they do from time to time.

Again, good luck!

Cindy

Archived