Question on Liarsville

SF

Thanks. If it's only 3 miles away then we'll probably check it out since I'm sure even if it's "hokey" like you said the kids would probably enjoy it. Can anyone tell me what there is to see there and how long we'd most likely be there?

Hey Caroline. I am 58 and I enjoyed. Actually I'm a kid at heart.

How can you go to alaska and NOT pan for gold? Got some great pictures there also. Especially the one with me with the young lady who was suppose to be the town 'madam'. LOL

Sorry, giantfan!! I haven't been there for years but I liked it too... but some adults do find it hokey (that's why there's so much stuff to do, right? different strokes for diff. folks....)

Actually I didn't pan for gold there though because we had way too much fun flirting with Paul Newman, Robert Redford and Tom Cruise

three of the Turner's adorable husky pups born early the spring we were there! :)

We went there after the train ride from Skagway. They plant the tiny gold nuggets in a long log chute, where you can pan it out. We were really rushed through since we were on a bus tour. There is really not much to see there. They have several tents pitched to represent the facilities of the miners and some characters walking around dressed up like they would have been in the time era. A small gift shop and a local storyteller but you can't really spend a lot of time here. I am not sure young children would enjoy it, as there was not much to do after panning for the gold. IMHO I would not recommend the place or go back there is way too much of other things to do and enjoy. But everyone had their own ideas about what is good for them.

Archived