Previous Sailings on Cunard Ships

Palmetto Lady

Years ago, my husband and I traveled a number of cruises on the Vistafjord when it was owned by Cunard. Looking back at my old documents, I can find no evidence of a World Club number. I do remember events where passengers were honored for the number of days they had cruised with Cunard. On our last cruise on the Vistafjord, the captain mentioned that the new owners (Carnival) were on board. On that particular cruise, we were at the cruise director's table, were invited to a cocktail party in the Captain's suite, and were invited to be the promotional video being produced which was probably never used as the Vistafjord was soon remained the Caronia (sp?).

Following that cruise, we never received any promotional material from either Cunard or Carnival.

I guess what I really want to know is whether any records were kept of the number of days cruised on Cunard prior to Carnival ownership since we have booked a crossing on the QM2.

It's fortunate that you still have documents.

Cunard will accept old reservation #'s with ship & sailing date.

Also,ship photos of you with ship/date.

Call Word Club for more suggestions.

All of the cruise lines kept poor records , if any at all, before computers.

I had sailed on the Queen Elizabeth in 1962, but all my records and souvenirs of the trip got lost in one of our many moves. I called the World Club people and they were very nice. I gave them the approximate date of our sailing, and they added the trip to my previous sailings history. Holland America did the same for a prior sailing on the old Rotterdam.

That is very gracious of the Club's employees to go back as far as 1962. My wife and I had travelled solely within Canada for about 18 years, so when we resumed our international travels with a crossing on the QE2 in 2008 we were listed as first-timers. When I phoned the Club I was fearful someone might chuckle when I said our first Cunard voyage was in 1973, but I got a sympathetic response. Fortunately I had copies of all tickets and we were credited with those trips after sending them in. It has made a difference as our next crossing will be as Platinum members.

That is very gracious of the Club's employees to go back as far as 1962. My wife and I had travelled solely within Canada for about 18 years, so when we resumed our international travels with a crossing on the QE2 in 2008 we were listed as first-timers. When I phoned the Club I was fearful someone might chuckle when I said our first Cunard voyage was in 1973, but I got a sympathetic response. Fortunately I had copies of all tickets and we were credited with those trips after sending them in. It has made a difference as our next crossing will be as Platinum members.

Miss Dean was given credit for her voyage on Carpathia!

WD

That is very good of them, just a shame she didn't pay more attention to her radio!!
Cap'n, I think that you must be thinking of the ship SS Californian that was maybe around 15 to 20 miles away from where the Titanic was going down in 1912 and the Californian's radio operator turned off the radio after 11 PM before the Titanic struck the iceberg at 11:40 PM and never heard the Titanic's distress call.It was the Carpathia that heard the Titanic's distress call on the radio after 12 midnight and rushed to where the Titanic was going down and you know the rest of the story. Regards,Jerry

Cap'n, I think that you must be thinking of the ship SS Californian that was maybe around 15 to 20 miles away from where the Titanic was going down in 1912 and the Californian's radio operator turned off the radio after 11 PM before the Titanic struck the iceberg at 11:40 PM.It was the Carpathia that heard the Titanic's distress call after 12 midnight and rushed to where the Titanic was going down and you know the rest of the story. Regards,Jerry

Jerry, as ever you are absolutely correct, I blame it on dyslexia which is better than admitting to being stupid. :eek:

"Years ago, my husband and I traveled a number of cruises on the Vistafjord when it was owned by Cunard. Looking back at my old documents, I can find no evidence of a World Club number. .."

maybe you have documentation from the "FJORD CLUB" - which is what it had been called for YEARS...They also gave out personalized Fjord Club booklets in which you'd stamp a page for each cruise you were on....

I've had to do it for my son: shoreside told me where to fax the receipts, etc., and it still took a few weeks.

Good luck--it should all work out in the end! ;)

Did you call or send an email? I sent a message several days ago to Cunard via the "contact us" portion of their website, but as yet have received no response. If you called, what dept. did you request? Is World Club one of the menu options?

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all four your suggestions. As I mentioned I had invoices from two of the four cruises, but for the other 2 b2b, I had the page from the catalog, pictures with the 2 cruises directors and and invitation from the Captain for the cocktail party in his Quarters. As it turned out, I didn't need any of this. When I called headquarters, they were able to pull up all our records on their computer which was great! I only had to update our address & contact information.

Archived