Dress Code on Quest

lara68

We are going on the Quest to Southeast Asia this February. We've never been on Azamara but sailed many times on Celebrity. We know there are no formal nights etc. but were wondering what this means? Can my husband wear shorts or jeans at dinner? When they say there are no dinner seatings, what are the hours you can go to dinner? We will be happy to go with the spirit of the line, but just want to know what to expect.

We did this trip in January and it was great. There may not be formal nights but shorts or jeans in the evening wouldn't be appropriate. You'll see some men in a sports coat but most of the time, it's a nice knit shirt and slacks. For women, nice slacks, skirt or a sundress are fine. You'll see a few people dress up, maybe for the speciality restaurants, but most of the time it's casual, but nice casual, in the evening.

Hi. I have not been on Quest yet but am also going in February. On Journey we found the dress code to be quite smart. Althought there are no formal nights, some men wore jackets for dinner, others just shirts. I don't remember seeing jeans and shorts were a definite 'no,no' at night. Ladies wore dresses or pant suits. We were very impressed that most folk made an effort. It was very refreshing. Hope this helps.

Gilly.

We are going on the Quest to Southeast Asia this February. When they say there are no dinner seatings, what are the hours you can go to dinner?

We were on the Quest this February. Dinner hours usually was around 6:00 onward.

I usually wear a sports coat, slacks, polo shirt or a dress shirt for dinner.

Shorts- definitely a no-no. I did see some jeans and even tee-shirts but I thought - as did others - that it was a bit too too casual.

From the Azamara website:

Appropriate attire onboard Azamara Club Cruises is always resort casual and there are no scheduled formal nights. However, guests should always feel comfortable in wearing formal attire if they so desire. We ask that guests refrain from bare feet, tank tops, ball caps, bathing suits, or jeans in the dining room or specialty restaurants. Additionally, no tuxedo rentals will be available onboard.

Examples of resort attire for men

Sportswear, golf shirts, pants, sport coat (if desired, but not required). Light fabrics such as linen, cotton, silk and wool gabardine.

Examples of resort attire for women

Sportswear, casual dresses, skirts, pants. Light fabrics such as linen, cotton, silk and wool gabardine.

In addition if you are overcome with the urge to do the afternoon tea in Aqualina, that is also smart casual.

We only ate in the MDR on one occasion on our last cruise on Quest but most people were dressed more smartly on an equivalent "smart casual" night on Celebrity. We ate all the other evenings in the speciality restaurants and, there, I would say most men worn jackets [and definitely no shorts or jeans] or, at least, a formal shirt with or without a tie. Once or twice, there was even a party dressed in tropical dinner jackets and evening gowns.

As for us, my husband usually worn a suit and me a cocktail dress and never felt out of place.

Our cruise was not port intensive but the temperatures were high.

Sue

Archived