Deluxe suite perk?

dabearsfan

What exactly does priority dining and seating request mean? It's listed as a deluxe suite perk yet every time I went to the Neptune Lounge to request a table for 3, I was told I could eat at 5:15 or 8 PM, nothing in between was available. Do you have to make your request on the first day of the cruise for the whole cruise?:confused:

What exactly does priority dining and seating request mean? It's listed as a deluxe suite perk yet every time I went to the Neptune Lounge to request a table for 3, I was told I could eat at 5:15 or 8 PM, nothing in between was available. Do you have to make your request on the first day of the cruise for the whole cruise?:confused:

When they say that you can request what dining option you want -- this means that you can request either one of the fixed dining times (5:45 or 8 PM) and the size of table you want.

When we book our cruises -- about 1 - 1 1/2 years in advance our TA puts in our dining request -- early fixed dining for us (5:45 -- table for 2).

If you have opted to go with Open Seating or you have booked late and been assigned Open Seating, there is little that the concierges can do for you. Reservations can only be made for 3 days at a time from 5:15 - 6:15 and from 7:30 - 9 PM and for any size of table that you want. The times between 6:15 - 7:30 -- no reservations can be made.

When we went on our last cruise, we made our dining reservations the first day of the cruise. Each day, the concierege in the deluxe lounge requested the same table for use in the morning. So, every day we got the same table at the same time (7PM).

Although they say it is priority seating, I really don't think that is true. The concierge in the deluxe suit lounge offered us the same seating times as the main seating coordinator. (We called on several occasions just to see if it truly was "priority seating".)

there is little that the concierges can do for you. Reservations can only be made for 3 days at a time from 5:15 - 6:15 and from 7:30 - 9 PM and for any size of table that you want.

At least on the Noordam this summer, this is not true. The Neptune concierges were constantly asking if we wanted to make our 6pm Table for 2 a permanent request for the entire 20 day cruise. We finally said yes, but then occaisionally changed a night here and there to eat at Pinacle or Canalleto.

So, we had the same table for most of the cruise, and got to know the servers, and they knew us- 1 waiter and two assistants- by name. We had a great relationship, and tipped them directly, as well as the automatic tip. Pretty much traditional seating, but at the time we chose.

At least on the Noordam this summer, this is not true. The Neptune concierges were constantly asking if we wanted to make our 6pm Table for 2 a permanent request for the entire 20 day cruise. We finally said yes, but then occaisionally changed a night here and there to eat at Pinacle or Canalleto.

So, we had the same table for most of the cruise, and got to know the servers, and they knew us- 1 waiter and two assistants- by name. We had a great relationship, and tipped them directly, as well as the automatic tip. Pretty much traditional seating, but at the time we chose.

6 PM falls into the time frame that the reservations can be made every day. You were probably not aware that but the concierges write everyone's requests down on a not pad -- and do make the reservations for 3 days at a time and just keep reserving them as the days pass.

I had booked a veranda on Zaandam and only open seat dining was available. I recently upgraded to a suite and requested fixed dining at 8:00 and I got it. I presume theefore that they have some tables left clear for the suite perks

I had booked a veranda on Zaandam and only open seat dining was available. I recently upgraded to a suite and requested fixed dining at 8:00 and I got it. I presume theefore that they have some tables left clear for the suite perks

Four months out from the cruise -- yes they will still have a few slots left for time requests.

the concierge was able to get us a table at the time we wanted. It seems a lot of people book and then don't show up or cancel. What a great service they provide and are so nice even to difficult passengers like the ones always before me.

When they say that you can request what dining option you want -- this means that you can request either one of the fixed dining times (5:45 or 8 PM) and the size of table you want.

When we book our cruises -- about 1 - 1 1/2 years in advance our TA puts in our dining request -- early fixed dining for us (5:45 -- table for 2).

If you have opted to go with Open Seating or you have booked late and been assigned Open Seating, there is little that the concierges can do for you. Reservations can only be made for 3 days at a time from 5:15 - 6:15 and from 7:30 - 9 PM and for any size of table that you want. The times between 6:15 - 7:30 -- no reservations can be made.

What? I have never experienced this at all. We always just walk up to the Maitre'd and get seated, any time we want! And if we feel the need to make a reservation, we talk directly to the MDR staff. we always get what we need. could be the problem is that you are depending on the Neptune con. Too much. Sometimes direct contact works better than asking somebody to ask for you.

We have also found that if we have not received the dining slot that we want, that dealing direct with the Dining Manager works the best. In our experience, the Neptune Lounge emails the Dining Manager the request and when we talked with him, he had done nothing yet for her, but since we were there, he gave us what we wanted. I suspect every case is different. At least if you deal directly with MDR, Pinnacle Grill, Shore Excursions etc. you get an immediate response whether it's the one you want or not.

What? I have never experienced this at all. We always just walk up to the Maitre'd and get seated, any time we want! And if we feel the need to make a reservation, we talk directly to the MDR staff. we always get what we need. could be the problem is that you are depending on the Neptune con. Too much. Sometimes direct contact works better than asking somebody to ask for you.

I am not talking about us -- we have had friends who have problems. They did not get the fixed the dining time that they had requested -- and they were DELUXE suite passengers and had to deal with the Open Seating -- which they did not like.

We book far enough in advance -- always in an S or and SA and have always gotten what we requested.

Guess you have not been following my responses on this topic on various threads.

Quick question, should early confirmed dining for a table of 2 show up under our account status on the HAL site? It shows the early dining, but not the table of 2. (I hope this is related to the topic, not trying to change the subject)

On the confirmation that we get from our TA it always shows that we are confirmed for a table for 2 as well as our fixed dining time -- early.

I am not talking about us -- we have had friends who have problems. They did not get the fixed the dining time that they had requested -- and they were DELUXE suite passengers and had to deal with the Open Seating -- which they did not like.

We book far enough in advance -- always in an S or and SA and have always gotten what we requested.

Guess you have not been following my responses on this topic on various threads.

Sorry, I don't read all the different threads, so I might have been uninformed. Hope I didn't insult anybody.

Mrs Banjo & I Always book an "S" or Penthouse suite on HAL, and also always get what we request.

Personally Mrs Banjo & I prefer the open seating over fixed seating, but I do know many who were booked into open seating, and just spoke to the MDR staff and were changed. If it is that big a deal when folks are booking, I would think the T/ A might have some influence to get what the customer wants. Anyway, seems like the MDR Staff always ask us if we like the table and company, explaining that they can make it a fixed reservation for each night if we wanted. So, for us at least, it is not an issue.

Archived