What are the 10 Ten must do's on Oasis??

OK, going on Oasis for the first time next month and can't wait! I've been reading many post's that say "don't try to do everything" so I want to know from all of you who have already been aboard - what are the top 10 "Must Do's" on Oasis??

Well, that is a difficult one to answer because it depends on your likes/dislikes.

For instance, for us it was a first stop in central park for a roast beef sandwich, then on to the room to change and head to the Flowrider. After that, we just sort of winged it and we still didn't get to do everything there was to do on board.

Walk or jog around the track.

Go to the Aquatheater shows.

Eat at a speciality restaurant (or three or seven).

Have breakfast at the Park Cafe - eat outside.

Have breakfast at the Solarium.

Have breakfast at Johnny Rockets.

Do the zip line.

Do the Flowrider.

Have a drink at the Central Park bar.

Ride the carousel.

Wow! That's 10!

Have your picture taken by the ship's photographer as much as you possibly can!!! I know no one likes having their picture taken - but if you want to make a photo book you will need pictures taken by the ship photographer in all the different areas.

This was a HUGE vacation for us so we had a book made and it is wonderful!!! Lots of stock photos of the ship as well.

Enjoy you trip!!! Our cruise was fantastic!!!

We ignored the ports to get the most out of the ship!

I think the photo book is a waste.

I make my own photobooks after every cruise that are far better through a a website/ photobook company called picaboo. I can personalize the pages with far better photos that I have taken. If you click the link in my signature you can see.

The rest depends on your tastes. :)

The Rising Tide Bar was more interesting to watch from the outside than the inside. We wanted to go from The Promenade to Central Park so we went in for a drink. Had one, bar rose to Central Park and we got out.

Looked more fun from the outside than the inside. But it should be done at least once!

OK, going on Oasis for the first time next month and can't wait! I've been reading many post's that say "don't try to do everything" so I want to know from all of you who have already been aboard - what are the top 10 "Must Do's" on Oasis??

Not in any particular order

Central Park at Night

Roast Beef at Park Cafe

Seeing the great shows

The gym - it is great

The running track - it is great

Cookies at Promenade Cafe

Sitting in the aqua theater during the day and watching the rock climbing wall and the view out the back

Ride the Carousel

Sit on your balcony if you have one

Johnny Rockets

I am not sure since I have never had an Italian roast beef from Chicago :) However, they are scrumdilyishous :D

I don't know either but I agree with my fellow Texan - scrumpdillyicious pretty much describes them. Make sure to get two at a time. :)

One will NOT be enough.

There are too many things to see and do (based on my Allure cruise not Oasis). I like roast beef sandwiches and they were good, but I considered them just regular, but it great to have that option on a cruise ship!

I would say it's probably better for you to just look at all the options and determine yourself what your top 10 choices would be as everyone is different. We loved the Comedy club, it was hilarious, so that would be in our top 10 and these are not necessarily in the order listed:

1. Comedy Club

2. Aqua show

3. Main Theater production shows

4. Walking through Central Park

5. Dining al fresco in Central Park including breakfast at Park Cafe

6. Walking through the Promenade

7. Watching the Ice skating show

8. Hanging out in the Boardwalk area with a drink riding the Carousel

9. Having a drink in the Rising Tide bar

10. Just walking around relaxing looking at everything and doing what you like!

11. Buying a new Coach Wallet for $180 (Whew, I glad it didn't make the top 10 list!)

You should try to find as many "small art" displays as you can. My husband and I found them all and it was lots of fun. Quite challenging, but fun.

I believe the roast beef sandwiches are like Beef on Weck. The top of the rolls have carraway seeds and sea salt (or some other kind of chunky salt) on them. And you can get mustard and horseradish on the sandwich as well.

This is a highly personal question. You see for me, the roast beef sandwich was a complete letdown and the Rising Tide bar holds no interest for me whatsoever. Like I said, highly personal. Having said that, I do agree with Brian that breakfast in the Solarium Bistro was one of the highlights of the week for me. There is no extra cost here at breakfast and lunch, and it was amazing. Be sure to check it out at least one of your mornings. :)

This is a highly personal question. You see for me, the roast beef sandwich was a complete letdown and the Rising Tide bar holds no interest for me whatsoever. Like I said, highly personal. Having said that, I do agree with Brian that breakfast in the Solarium Bistro was one of the highlights of the week for me. There is no extra cost here at breakfast and lunch, and it was amazing. Be sure to check it out at least one of your mornings. :)

Oh yea, forgot about the Solarium Bistro for breakfast - it was YUMMY.

Archived