E Komo Mai! (Welcome!) flyer Golden Princess

Astro Flyer

For anyone wondering about the Hawaiian events scheduled onboard the Golden Princess to Hawaii, I'm attaching their E Komo Mai! (Welcome!) flyer in a b&w PDF file (color was too large for this forum).

I cannot compare to when David Cole was onboard but under David Bradshawe it was still a great Hawaiian experience. I believe the reason why is the amazing hard working couple performing as Elua. David & Leialoha undoubtedly were the driving force with this program & they seemed to be working non-stop. They were everywhere & would even split up to do two different events at the same time!

In 2004 we sailed the same trip on the Regal & were very disasppointed and hesitant to try it again. This time with Elua leading the way, it was an amazing experience particularly to anyone new to the Islands.

From the moment I stepped onboard the Golden & heared the music of Israel Kamakawiwoʻole (AKA Bruddah Iz) on the speakers, I knew this would be a real Hawaiian cruise. Then listening to Elua's performances around the ship, I was in a Hawaiian state of mind. To continue it at home, I purchased all of their CDs to remember Leialoha & Dave's music.

The attachments will show all of the events Elua do...they're amazing & the reason I'd recommend a Golden Princess cruise to Hawaii to anyone who loves the Islands!

Aloha!

Bruddah Palani :D

E Komo Mai BW1.pdf

E Komo Mai BW2.pdf

Thanks! There was never anything like this on my two HI cruises other than a few lame hula and lei-making classes. You make me want to do it again.

BTW, welcome home. Missed you. :)

It was definitely much better than in '04 & one we truly enjoyed. Driving an hour to SP & staying overnight at the Doubletree Hotel in Cabrillo beach for the price of a shuttle or parking at the pier was a great way to go.

Thanks for the welcome home...we booked another cruise through our TA while on the Golden for the Sapphire's LA to Vancouver May cruise. Another drive to SP & a flight back after visiting relatives in the Seattle area. It was too long until the Crown from Quebec to FLL & one we've wanted to do.

The Chef's Table was the best of the 4 during the past 2 years. Executive Chef Jeremy Snowden prepared a great meal & along with Maitre d'Hotel Elia Tinonin made a great comedy team. I commented to Elia how unlike so many other maitre d's he was so involved & informative. His answer..."I love what I do" which he has done since joining Princess 38 years ago.

After the holidays I plan to write a review about our wonderful cruise. After reading reviews for so many years, I'm going to take a shot at one myself. :o

After the holidays I plan to write my 1st review after 25 cruises but I'm sure you'll have a great time. You might want to read the thread & review on this cruise by funinla...she did a great job sharing all of the fun that was had onboard.

In my opinion, the husband & wife team performing as Elua (David & Leialoha) are probably a big reason for the Hawaiian experience onboard. CD David Bradshawe did a good job so even if David Cole hasn't returned from vacation, Bradshawe has filled in admirably.

Aloha!

Archived