Barcelona departure times from cruise to airport

compelled

Yes, it is doable as long as your ship is scheduled to dock by 7 (most actually dock earlier). We would suggest using an express disembarkation option (you need to carry all your own luggage off the ship) and simply grabbing a taxi. In most cases you will be off the ship before 7:30 and at the airport in about twenty minutes.

Hank

Yes, it is doable as long as your ship is scheduled to dock by 7 (most actually dock earlier). We would suggest using an express disembarkation option (you need to carry all your own luggage off the ship) and simply grabbing a taxi. In most cases you will be off the ship before 7:30 and at the airport in about twenty minutes.

Hank

Thanks for the info Hank..

Compelled,

I just got off the jade and my flight left at 10:45 as well. We docked at 5 and we were able to walk off at 5:15 with our luggage. We had arranged for transportation and was at the airport with plenty of time to spare. We flew delta and we were waiting in line for them to open up. Enjoy your cruise.

Compelled,

I just got off the jade and my flight left at 10:45 as well. We docked at 5 and we were able to walk off at 5:15 with our luggage. We had arranged for transportation and was at the airport with plenty of time to spare. We flew delta and we were waiting in line for them to open up. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the response.. and Merry Christmas.

Anne

How early of a flight is possible? I ask because most flights seem to be flying out of Barcelona at 10:45. Do you think that's doable?

TIA

Anne

Anne, I know that the two posts you just received said all would be fine. I have a slightly different take on this.

I would first contact the cruise line to see what they recommend. Yes, sometimes they are on the conservative side but I always think that should be done for starters. Second, be sure to understand the ramifications from the airline you book with as to what happens in the event you miss the plane and also be sure to know the check in policies for the airline (eg., what time you are required to check in by)

Third, always understand that no one can guarantee that you will not have a problem. I have been on cruises including Barcelona that arrive on time and I have also been on cruises that have delays. Delays can range from weather, to the need to medi-vac someone off the ship the night before, to delays in the pilot showing up on time to delays in getting the ship cleared. In the perfect world I would go with a 12:00 Noon flight. So, you just need to decide the amount of risk you want to take and you know best your stress level.

Again, I would contact your cruise line and I would also be sure to contact your airline.

Keith

Not sure if your ship is docked overnight or not - if it is, I'd say the chances of missing a flight are probably slim to none. I always try to arrive the day before and stay a day after any cruise only because Murphy's Law seems to be ever present in my life! Doing so removes the stress from the situation and since I buy the cheapest flight I can, the cost to change reservations for a missed flight for myself and whoever is on the trip with me would be more than the cost of the hotel to stay an extra day on either end. Whatever you do, enjoy your trip. Barcelona was great - we loved it.

Thanks Keith and fgirl.

I am flying in a day early but don't have enough vacation to stay a day longer. I am seeing flights at 10:45 and 11:55. I am leaning toward the 11:55 flights. I hope thats enough leeway.

Anne

• 3 weeks later...

Archived