Sushi onboard the Dream?

JTRose123

Its pre rolled, about 3 kinds, the guy there just slices it. Its nothing special. I prefer Walmart's kind of sushi, but I love avacado and none they have has avacado, they use other things for green color.

I know very few people who think its terrific. Iv only had it once, that was enough. Ill wait until I get home and pay for it

PS its the same every night. I think sake was $1 a cup.

I am a big big sushi eater. The sushi on the ship is ok, nothing special but it certainly is palletable. They usually have like a cali roll, maybe a spicey tuna roll, and a shrimp nigiri. It changes but that's a pretty good sample. Not high end restaurant fare, better than the grocery store counter. I'd say it's about what I'd expect at a decent place in a middle class mall.

They also have sushi as a appetizer one day at lunch and dinner. Again .. nothing I would pick .. but it is ok.

After living in Hawaii for 10 years, I want raw fish .. they told me they dont serve raw fish, they have to freeze fish, which alters the taste .. eww. I can get ahi and avacado at my local walmart sushi section .. cant find what I like on carnival for free. If you dont care what they put into it .. and like the taste of seaweed .. Im sure its fine.

Well that's slightly disappointing. I'm from Boston so I can get seafood/sushi pretty fresh.

I guess it will be worth trying, simply because it's free. But it's good to know I should have high expectations.

Well that's slightly disappointing. I'm from Boston so I can get seafood/sushi pretty fresh.

I guess it will be worth trying, simply because it's free. But it's good to know I should have high expectations.

No line that I know will serve raw fish, if that's what you're asking about. I believe tuna is seared and rest of seafood is cooked in some way.

No line that I know will serve raw fish, if that's what you're asking about. I believe tuna is seared and rest of seafood is cooked in some way.

I actually had it raw on RCL in the pay for restaurant .. sliced very thin, but it had previously been frozen.. but it was raw fish.. but ewww.. It was dissapointing. In Hawaii we chunked it up with hot sauce over it was my favorite way to eat raw fish.

Carnival had asparagus where I expected avacado .. just wierd to me.

That's both interesting and awesome!!

Do you remember what kinds they had available on the different nights? Was it pretty straight forward rolls? Or did they have Nigiri as well?

If you are like me and enjoy good sushi, you may be disappointed. I have not had anything that I would say is good, and some of it is just bad. I remember having an eel roll that was not too bad. Sake helps. ;)

ETA: Offerings are mainly "beginner" sushi. California roll-type stuff with "Krab", some with just veggies, and some with cooked or seared fish.

Archived