UK Cruisers - Learn something new everyday?

Elizanessie

Now, for Celebrity to buy OBC you can -

Look at the bottom of the first page of Celebrity's website under Shop Celebrity.

Select Order Celebrity Gifts, the Shop Celebrity page comes up.

Select Gifts by Celebrity, on the page that comes up select Delivery Aboard

On the next page that comes up, on the side menu select Onboard Credit

Click on the Onboard Credit square, and you will see a listing of the various types of onboard credit you can get. By clicking the type of credit you want, you can purchase online or you can phone or fax your order in.

Hi Elizanessie,

Is the amount of OBC in dollars set on the day you buy the credit online or the embarkation day rate set by Celebrity. The same question applies to the Celebrity drinks packages, if you have a booking should you try and buy at a time when the rate is high or is it applied at embarkation day rate.

I was on Eclipse in July 2010 and pre bought a drinks package on the Celebrity website which I paid for before boarding on my credit card, when I looked at my onboard account a small adjustment had been applied in my favour with regard to the purchased drinks package.

I know that some people do this on Carnival-owned cruise lines....Cunard, for instance. It's a good idea e.g. for wedding presents for a honeymoon couple.

I learned that P&O insist on you having 6 months on your passport, even for a simple Med trip, the hard way when they wouldn't allow me to check in on line.

I've learned that house wine in Ramblas, on Ventura, is cheaper than in the rest of the ship.

Jo.

We have just purchased some OBC for our September Celebrity Cruise - and it has already been charged to our Credit Card. It is charged in sterling and as you are buying a gift not cash there is no handling fee.

We did a similar think last year on Princess and got really good exchange rates, this purchase was a small test to see when it got charged.

But will keep an eye on the exchange rate - it tells you on the web site how much in sterling you are paying and you are buying $25 blocks.

If you are buying as a genuine gift for someone do let them know in case the gift certificate doesn't turn up in the cabin - we had no problem with Princess but did previously when I purchased some OBC for my sister on NCL.

We found it useful to know that we had our spending money virtually sorted last year and will probaly buy more from Celebrity before we crusie later in the year, although might go for drinks packages instead, as I assume that if we order those up front they will get charged before we go anyway.

Today I learned that RCCL UK Cruisers who wish to buy onboard credit as a gift can do so by calling - 01932 834 243 :D

Have you recently learned something new about your cruise line of choice which may help other UK Cruisers.

Thanks for the info Liz. I wanted to fo this for my sister's birthday and believed it could not be done. I'll ring them next week and organise something.

• 1 month later...

Archived