How does it work with a back to back cruise on Celebrity

boomonster

I was trying to find an answer on how you do a back to back on Celebrity. We have never done one and can't beat the deals Celebrity has right now. We are looking at the Century for the 2 day Bahamas on the 15 and the 5 day on the 17th. We have a guarantee Concierge for the 17th and have not yet booked the 15th but is on courtesy hold. If possible could they put you in the same cabin ? And if they do , do you have to take your stuff with you or could you just leave it? Or if they can't do you leave your luggage and they will move it to your new room?Do you have to get off the ship (which we possibly would but you never know)? Any help on this would be great . Actually cheaper to cruise again instead of staying in Miami for 2 days kinda odd but not complaining. Thanks for any info.

With a guarantee it is highly unlikely you'll be in the same cabin each cruise. If you want to be in the same cabin you should find one vacant for each cruise and book it.

If you have to move you'll need to pack all your stuff, except for what is hanging in the closet. Your new and old cabin stewards will move your belongings to the new cabin for you after you've packed - be sure you've talked to customer relations and your cabin steward about the fact that you are on a b2b - don't presume they'll figure it out on their own.

At Florida ports, and probably all USA ports you don't have to talk any belongings off with you on turnaround day but you will have to get off the ship and go through customs and immigration, show your passport, etc. Details will be provided on the ship.

Once you get your cabin assignment with your GTY, you can move within the same category to another cabin. C3 to C3, AQ to AQ, etc. So if your assignment for the GTY is the same, you might be able to get lucky and get the same cabin.

They might assign you 2 day cabin for the 15th immediately. If they do, you might consider booking the same category on the 5 day cruise. You will need to do some research to find which cabins are available. A search on this forum we lead you to find a way to scan the seas for cabin that are open on your cruise.

I would not necessarily have high hopes that you can make it happen with the GTY, but it is possible.

If you book guarantees, you will probably have to move as described above. But you might get lucky. Our gtys were assigned on an RCI b2b recently as different cabins in the same category. working through our travel agent, we are able to have the cabin numbers changed (within the exact same category) so you didn't move. Nicer for us, nicer for the room steward. celebrity might allow the same thing depending on your room assignments and availability.

LSimon is correct. You will receive a debarkation form in your cabin. You check the box indicating that you are on a B2B. You should also receive a call from the staff member in charge of the B2B process. On the Eclipse in Miami we met at the Passport Bar where we received our new cards and then were led off the ship through immigration and customs. There was a special luncheon for B2B guests. The process may differ in different ports. Since we had to change cabins the attendants transferred our luggage, but we were there to supervise.

Just a head-up on moving day. They wouldn't move our closet things for us, we had to pack them up. This was on Century.

If that happened to us I'd call the chief housekeeper and if they wouldn't do it I'd request a rolling garment rack and wire hangers. If I re-packed all my hanging stuff I'd have to get it a good part of it pressed again and I try to avoid that. The key is to make sure your set on all the procedures a couple of days in advance of moving day.

If that happened to us I'd call the chief housekeeper and if they wouldn't do it I'd request a rolling garment rack and wire hangers. If I re-packed all my hanging stuff I'd have to get it a good part of it pressed again and I try to avoid that. The key is to make sure your set on all the procedures a couple of days in advance of moving day.

I did ask for the rolling hanger thingy, but they said they didn't have one :confused:.

But you are right, we probably should have gotten it all straightened out a couple of days before. Next time!

I did ask for the rolling hanger thingy, but they said they didn't have one :confused:.

But you are right, we probably should have gotten it all straightened out a couple of days before. Next time!

Absolutely..., advance planning with the stewards is always helpful. We've never had a problem getting a rolling rack when changing staterooms.

And, while I'm sure it isn't common (since it only happened with us in one of our stateroom moves) there was an occasion when we were even instructed NOT to pack anything but personal items or items we preferred to carry ourselves. As I stood there stunned, the steward said, "...we will simply swap out the drawers, filled ones to the new stateroom, empties brought back here." He got a GREAT tip!

This was aboard Infinity in 2005 and we were moved lock, stock and barrel by a wonderful group of 5 stewards/assistants. They brought a rolling rack for the hanging items and another cart for all the drawers.

CM

...........there was an occasion when we were even instructed NOT to pack anything but personal items or items we preferred to carry ourselves. As I stood there stunned, the steward said, "...we will simply swap out the drawers, filled ones to the new stateroom, empties brought back here." He got a GREAT tip!
But even if they don't swap out the drawers (which may not always be interchangeable), it is easy enough to do the equivalent using large plastic bags.

Just unload the contents of every drawer and shelf into its own separate bag.

Then at your new cabin, the contents of each bag can go directly into the equivalent drawer or shelf at the new location.

Dumping all your toiletry items from the bathroom into a bag makes it easy to transfer them to the next bathroom as well.

The same for the contents of the safe.

Definitely request a rolling luggage rack in advance so you can transfer all the hanging clothes from closet to closet on hangers. There is no need to pack them.

Got my room assignments. Cheaped out for the 2 day and did an inside gty. Have never done an inside so I figure for $99 if I don't like it at least it's only 2 days. But actually got the same cabin stayed in the first time we sailed Century for are balcony gty so extremely happy about that. Back of the boat (2 flights up to bar and food) kinda like my own seperate entrance. Doesn't take to much to make me happy. Thanks all for the info will let my steward know and go from there. Have a Happy and safe New Year.

Thanks everyone. I too am considering a b2b on this Century 2 and 5 night in January. I've never done a b2b cruise before, but have always wanted to. I'm hoping my TA can get me the same cabin. If not it doesn't sound too bad to move.

The more the merrier. ....

Archived