Barcelona Lodging

AmazingLady

Hi there,

I wonder if you might start by reading some of the previous threads about restaurants and hotels in Barcelona??

Just put the word restaurant or hotel into the search function on this page.

Do you have a particular price range that you prefer??

What exactly do you mean by "quaint"?

Are you looking for a kind of old fashioned hotel or hostAL(smaller less fashionable than hotel) type of place??

My only really specific suggestion is to try and stay somewhere not far from Placa Catalunya. That would make it easiest to get around to tourist sites for a first time visitor.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a quaint location to stay in Barcelona? And any good restaurants?

"Quaint" hotel? Or "quaint" location? I'm not sure what makes a location quaint...but, I do know what makes for a GOOD location in Barcelona...

IMHO, for a tourist, there is really one target that one should want to stay close to--the Placa Catalunya...

This is the big central square that is the hub of all of the transportation systems and the center of night life...

Las Ramblas, Barcelona's great pedestrian promenade, starts at the Placa and goes south from there toward the Columbus Monument and the harbor...The area to the East of Las Ramblas is the "Barri Gotic", Barcelona's historic quarter...The area to the north of the Placa is called the Eixample District, Barcelona's "newer" fashionable area filled with some grat Gaudi works...

There are loads of restaurants and bars around the Placa, up and down Las Ramblas and the nearby streets...Spain's great department store, El Corte Ingles, has a massive store on the east side of the Placa...with a great supermarket in the basement...

Last visit to Barcelona, we stayed at the Hotel Continental...

http://www.hotelcontinental.com/web/

It's in the absolute best location in Barcelona...right on Las Ramblas within a short block of the Placa Catalunya...They have a 24 hour free buffet which includes beer and wine (okay, not the greatest wine...but it's free)...

We stayed in a "Las Ramblas Balcony" room...So we could go out on our balcony, sip on some wine or beer and watch the crowds at night...

It's sort of a funky old hotel but very reasonably priced...and that location just cannot be beat...

"Quaint" hotel? Or "quaint" location? I'm not sure what makes a location quaint...but, I do know what makes for a GOOD location in Barcelona...

IMHO, for a tourist, there is really one target that one should want to stay close to--the Placa Catalunya...

This is the big central square that is the hub of all of the transportation systems and the center of night life...

Las Ramblas, Barcelona's great pedestrian promenade, starts at the Placa and goes south from there toward the Columbus Monument and the harbor...The area to the East of Las Ramblas is the "Barri Gotic", Barcelona's historic quarter...The area to the north of the Placa is called the Eixample District, Barcelona's "newer" fashionable area filled with some grat Gaudi works...

There are loads of restaurants and bars around the Placa, up and down Las Ramblas and the nearby streets...Spain's great department store, El Corte Ingles, has a massive store on the east side of the Placa...with a great supermarket in the basement...

Last visit to Barcelona, we stayed at the Hotel Continental...

http://www.hotelcontinental.com/web/

It's in the absolute best location in Barcelona...right on Las Ramblas within a short block of the Placa Catalunya...They have a 24 hour free buffet which includes beer and wine (okay, not the greatest wine...but it's free)...

We stayed in a "Las Ramblas Balcony" room...So we could go out on our balcony, sip on some wine or beer and watch the crowds at night...

It's sort of a funky old hotel but very reasonably priced...and that location just cannot be beat...

I have a question....Is everything in the room as PINK as it is shown in the room. I think it would be a fine place to stay but my hubby might night the the foo-foo too much. :rolleyes:

I have a question....Is everything in the room as PINK as it is shown in the room. I think it would be a fine place to stay but my hubby might night the the foo-foo too much. :rolleyes:

Looks like a lovely place - but, I agree, way too pink for me. After much, much searching of hotel reviews and reading the Barcelona forum on the Tripadvisor web site, we decide we wanted to stay in Bari Gothic. We chose the Hotel Barcelona Catedral. There are tons of choices, perhaps the reviews on Tripadvisor will help you out. Also, ther are many videos of hotels on Youtube. Have fun choosing the one that looks best for you.

Yeah, the decor is not their strong point...

Personally, I didn't care...at night, for most of the time I am using the room, it's all BLACK!!

Besides, you're just staying there for a night or two...you're not BUYING it...

Archived