CAS Changes

thelion

Ok, she can send it to me in an email, and I will post it here, my email address is in my signature. I promise to never send her spam or any, and will delete her email from my computer.

jc

The picture is on its way to you. Thank you for posting it.

Annieeee

If it's based on # of nights, how are they going to handle the extra credit that you presently get for booking a suite????????

Also, I'm wondering if they will combine all of their cruise lines, eg Celebrity, etc. in the crediting.:cool:

If it's based on # of nights, how are they going to handle the extra credit that you presently get for booking a suite????????

Also, I'm wondering if they will combine all of their cruise lines, eg Celebrity, etc. in the crediting.:cool:

Suites will be doubled. 7 nights in a suite = 14 credits.

Well, grandfathered or not, we have 183 days at sea so would still be D+. I am hopeful that the fact that the OP has not heard anything about loss of the CL, when she has heard about the new tiers, etc., is encouraging. CL denial would not make me want to stop cruising, but being booted when we were fairly fresh D members is still a sore spot. Especially with my DH, who loves cruising, but not as much as I do! So being booted again after our first cruise being let back in might be the last straw. We attended the "Diamond Events" in the interim but the "La Terrible" was awful (and I am NOT a wine snob, I used to drink Boone's Farm, hee hee). DH mentioned that he guessed we'd have to stick to ships with a Diamond Lounge, but that could be difficult since Oasis turned out not to be "our" ship, and Liberty and Indy are across the pond so much of the year!

Of course, we all have to wait and see...stay tuned.

From everything I have heard (and I don't work there so I may be missing information, it is coming from a former colleague that still works in Loyalty there) it is all positive changes. They specifically said there should be little to nothing to complain about.

I don't know about the CL, nothing was mentioned. I would assume it would be for Suites, D+ and Pinnacle and the Diamond Lounge would be for Diamonds.

Oh, and my numbers were a bit off on Pinnacle and some others.

Gold - starts at 1

Platinum - starts at 30

Emerald - starts at 55

Diamond - starts at 80

Diamond + - starts at 175 (or 170, I cannot remember)

Pinnacle - starts at 700

Balcony discounts will start at Platinum and progressively get higher, as per usual.

From everything I have heard (and I don't work there so I may be missing information, it is coming from a former colleague that still works in Loyalty there) it is all positive changes. They specifically said there should be little to nothing to complain about.

I don't know about the CL, nothing was mentioned. I would assume it would be for Suites, D+ and Pinnacle and the Diamond Lounge would be for Diamonds.

Gold - starts at 1

Platinum - starts at 30

Emerald - starts at 55

Diamond - starts at 80

Pinnacle - starts at 700

Balcony discounts will start at Platinum and progressively get higher, as per usual.

I'm just curious here.....part of the problem of the CL is the overcrowding....with the high numbers of D+....sooo I am wondering if they will put D and D+ in the overflow and use the CL for Pinnacle and Suites...THIS IS ONLY A GUESS HERE DON"T FLAME ME....

I'm still worried about the change as Jan 30 is my 24th cruise credit and would then be D+ and be allowed to be back with all our D+ friends we've made...With the amount of days, I will be short 20ish points.....hoping they don't make it effective until Feb at least!!! (a gal can hope can't they!!!)

Pretty weird actually.

Why would they be using that sign already? And I still wonder why they would have another level stuck between platinum and diamond which are already so close together in cruises needed to attain them both?

And since almost every cruiser is platinum or above at so few cruises needed, the regular line is probably shorter in many cases.

Gina

All this talk makes me nervous because we were "squeezed" by changes to the Diamond level when we were already Diamond and now we are Diamond Plus, but I have very little confidence that we won't be squeezed again unpleasantly.

But there is a saying, "Fool me once. Shame on you. Fool me twice. Shame on me."

I'll wait and see if all these rumors have any validity...maybe before I book another cruise.

Pretty weird actually.

Why would they be using that sign already? And I still wonder why they would have another level stuck between platinum and diamond which are already so close together in cruises needed to attain them both?

And since almost every cruiser is platinum or above at so few cruises needed, the regular line is probably shorter in many cases.

Gina

Gina,

I agree on the check in lines.........many times there's a hugh line at priority and hardly anyone in the regular lines. I don't understand why they would put that sign on display now either and like you I don't understand the need for another level between Platinum and Diamond.

Patty

Gold - starts at 1

Platinum - starts at 30

Emerald - starts at 55

Diamond - starts at 80

Pinnacle - starts at 700

Pinnacle at 700 is what I had suggested it should be. And I still don't think those with 100 cruise credits should be invited unless they have the actual number of 700 after the conversion.

What do you know about their future plans for pricing guarantees? I had quite a long talk with someone in an upper level position. I had suggested that their 48 hour price protection was a joke and basically worthless.

In a previous message to me they had claimed that their new pricing procedure which doesn't allow for price protection after final payment was to keep them in line with other cruise lines. During our conversation I suggested that if they really wanted to do something right, they should set themselves apart from other cruise lines. I brought up Southwest Airlines and one of their best features - if a price goes down and a passenger notices, they will give the difference back in the form of a voucher for a flight within the next 12 months.

I think if they offered this to C&A members that people would be happy since most people book another cruise within 12 months anyway.

Have you heard anything that would point to what they may be doing about this? I know I'm not the only one who has backed off of early booking and have committed to shopping the so called fire sales. If locals knew their price was protected in some way, they'd be more likely to book early thereby keeping prices up higher and making less need for fire sales (commonly called the Tuesday Special or Royal Caribbean Sales Event) in the first place.

During the course of our conversation I was told this new pricing lack of guarantee has indeed been a problem for them and the source of many written complaints. They take the complaints seriously and the more people that write about one subject, the more likely they are to do something to alleviate the problem.

Gina

Only 1 per household.

I would agree if both spouses attained the 20th, 30th, etc. together. But, we sailed separately for our 20th cruises. Why does not the spouse get a crystal block if it was earned independently on a separate cruise? I am just asking why that is logical? This is really not a big deal to us, but am simply wondering how RCI comes to their decisions in these matters.

I would agree if both spouses attained the 20th, 30th, etc. together. But, we sailed separately for our 20th cruises. Why does not the spouse get a crystal block if it was earned indepently on a separate cruise? I am just asking why that is logical? This is really not a big deal to us, but am simply wondering how RCI comes to their decisions in these matters.

Because the way they do it the spouse was at 20 when you sailed without them. My dh has the same amount of points that I do even tho I've sailed 3x without him...just the way they do it...

I would agree if both spouses attained the 20th, 30th, etc. together. But, we sailed separately for our 20th cruises. Why does not the spouse get a crystal block if it was earned indepently on a separate cruise? I am just asking why that is logical? This is really not a big deal to us, but am simply wondering how RCI comes to their decisions in these matters.

My husband and I got to the different levels at different times(since i cruise more than him)............but just one block..........its really fine with me........

I would say because I reached D+ before my husband, he still derived the benefit of my status. Even if we had done every cruise together and had the same number of points, should we have both gotten a crystal block at the same time?

It would be very easy for most people to have credits that were different by just one cruise. Then they could each get a different block since every 10th cruise for each would be on a different ship most likely.

If both people in the household get the benefit of the higher one, I don't see why they should give 2 blocks. They don't even give two amenities off the D+ list when couples cruise until 49 cruise credits. And then it's 2 amenities even if the traveler is solo.

Gina

I need implantation to take place after the 18th of Feb when I exit the Explorer with 25 points. I have 23 right now...Yikes...can I hang on? I don't know....

Darlene

Implantation? That sounds a bit funny.

Implementation is what I think you mean. At first I thought you were having surgery. Really!! :eek:

Gina

I need implantation to take place after the 18th of Feb when I exit the Explorer with 25 points. I have 23 right now...Yikes...can I hang on? I don't know....

Darlene

looks like you're in the same 'boat' I am!! If I get knocked out of D+, I can tell you there will be a letter written!!

It depends. Since they are going to a day based system, it will depend on how long your sailings have been.

Platinum is going to be 30 nights and (I think) Diamond is going to be 70 or 75 nights. So, if you take 7 night cruises, you will be Diamond. If you take 3 night cruises, you will stay Platinum or move to the new tier between Platinum and Diamond (50 nights, I believe).

Oh, and those with 100 or more cruise credits get a special invitation to a new tier :) Even if you may not qualify for it.

So, if I am currently a DIAMOND, and have taken mostly 10-12 night cruises (say 18 cruises), will I move to DIAMOND +, since I have accumulated 180+ cruise nights?

Archived