WPRR repeat?

LindaKE

We did the WPRR in '03 and enjoyed it. Has anyone done it twice? If so, was it as enjoyable second time around? DH absolutely refuses to rent a car while on a cruise, so that option is out. We'll be going in early June this time and went the 2nd week of May before if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

This past May we did the train ride for a second time. Saw stuff that we missed the first time. IF we were going to Skagway again, would probably do it a third time, but then my husband is a train buff. I never cease to marvel at the wondrous engineering feat that building this railroad was!!!!

Whatever you decide - ENJOY!

I've ridden the WP&YR at least a dozen times - the Summit Excursion, the Fraser bus/rail, and the full Carcross route. Like flying, it's something that I just never tire of - I see different things each time. I just picked up my huge WP&YR calendar for the rec room a few days ago :)

I personally would take the tour that hikes to a glacier or to kayak. The transport is the WPRR for both. I saw them getting off the train and it sounds like a fun thing to do, though strenuous.

Jen in SoCal

We did the WPRR in '03 and enjoyed it. Has anyone done it twice? If so, was it as enjoyable second time around? DH absolutely refuses to rent a car while on a cruise, so that option is out. We'll be going in early June this time and went the 2nd week of May before if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

I personally would take the tour that hikes to a glacier or to kayak. The transport is the WPRR for both. I saw them getting off the train and it sounds like a fun thing to do, though strenuous.

Jen in SoCal

It's actually not very strenuous unless you're really out of shape - those excursions are designed for cruisers, not hikers and kayakers. With the glacier tour, you get off the train before it gets to the best parts of the route, but the train for the kayaking takes you all the way to Fraser.

Archived