Snow, flying, and Southwest Air

Merion_Mom

They cancelled the three mid-afternoon flights HOURS ago. The morning flights and our evening flight are still up and running.

And.....? Please update us on your travel status. Keep thinking good thoughts, send up a prayer to the travel gods, and keep your fingers crossed for safe, speedy, and uninterrupted travel:)

I see SW has now cancelled all PHI flights today. Hope you can switch back to MONDAY.

I see SW has now cancelled all PHI flights today. Hope you can switch back to MONDAY.

Ugghh... not good.... :(

All the morning flights tomorrow from PHL to FLL have been cancelled as well... AND when I checked on flights earlier today, both tomorrow and Tuesday were showing as sold out.

Interesting looking at the FAA report for PHL:

AIRPORT STATUS INFORMATION

provided by the FAA's Air Traffic Control System Command Center

Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) Real-time StatusThe status information provided on this site indicates general airport conditions; it is not flight-specific. Check with your airline to determine if your flight is affected.Delays by Destination: No destination-specific delays are being reported.General Departure Delays: Traffic is experiencing gate hold and taxi delays lasting 15 minutes or less.General Arrival Delays: Arrival traffic is experiencing airborne delays of 15 minutes or less. This information was last updated: Dec 26, 2010 at 7:01 PM GMT

She is one savvy, determined lady... If anyone can figure it out, she can. :)

One option would be to fly out of another airport which is unaffected by the storm. Another would be to drive down. It appears flying out of Philly is not an option.

Tomorrow morning and Tuesday morning, lows in the mid 20's. Yes....actual lows!!

Not wind chill....hard freeze. Brrr....

Australia anyone?? !! :eek: ;)

[

quote=PH8;27267541]Count me in for Australia............I cant take this anymore:mad::mad: 22 tonite....tomorrow night 19........

Ouch- looks like the northeast is not the only place experiencing bad weather. You may not have the snow we are getting...but 19 degree temperatures where you live are certainly no prize either:eek:

Hope things warm up for you folks down there;)

I would drive west to Pittsburgh if I was her and fly to FLL from there.

Jimbo:)

Pittsburgh is what I was thinking also. Flurries are a whole lot better than 1-2 feet of snow. That's what we're getting right now here in Northern NJ.

And.....? Please update us on your travel status. Keep thinking good thoughts, send up a prayer to the travel gods, and keep your fingers crossed for safe, speedy, and uninterrupted travel:)

All SW flights from PHL to ALL Florida airports are sold out for the next four days.

As soon as they cancelled our flight for tonight, I went on the USAir website and nabbed almost the last three seats on the 8:40 P.M. Monday flight to FLL.

SW refunded our fares, and the USAir + 3 checked bag fees (the part that REALLY hurts!) is costing me $400 more than originally, but we should be able to get out of Philadelphia on that flight tomorrow.

The snow is supposed to stop by 8 A.M., so a flight 12 hours later should be able to take off.

PHL has the equipment to handle snow removal, and has de-icing equipment. This isn't Atlanta!

Keep your fingers crossed for us, everyone!

I am beginning to think that people are going to check their cruises not only for large, disruptive groups, but for anyone named CAROL! :eek:

Keep your fingers crossed for us, everyone!

I am beginning to think that people are going to check their cruises not only for large, disruptive groups, but for anyone named CAROL! :eek:

It does make you wonder :rolleyes: :D even with our small sample here of CAROL(S). :eek:

Best wishes for you and your kids for an uneventful departure on the new flight to your cruise. :)

I sure can feel for those traveling today - we were in the same boat last year. Luckily we had insurance and were reimbursed for our First Class flight that we had to take to get to our cruise because our flight was cancelled. We made it to the ship w/two hours to spare, not a fun way to start your vacation.:(

Carol- so glad to see that it looks like you got a flight. We're flying Spirit out of AC @ 7 AM Tuesday morn. Dont have any experience with Spirit and the AC airport so we are hoping everything will work out. We are thinking about whether we should leave to drive down to FLL tomorrow afternoon.

Just called AC airport and learned that even if snow stops early tomorrow, the strong winds could be a problem for Tuesday if snow keeps blowing back onto runway!!! Flights could still be cancelled! Customer service rep couldnt tell me if that was likely or not, so I have no idea if we should wait it out, or book flight for Tues AM from Phila (if that is at all possible), or start driving down to Florida tomorrow afternoon, that is assuming we can get our daughter down from Scranton to Phila on bus tomorrow AM. This is too stressful!!

Carol - my fingers (and toes) are crossed in hopes that you can get on a flight and make it to your ship on time!!!!

I thought cruising during hurricane season was stressful! :eek:

If you made the font for that teeny, tiny ANCHOR smaller....it wouldn't run off the side of the page the way it does Robyn. You can click on image properties and reduce the size. And yes, I realize not everyone has this problem. But you have a humougous font (that runs off the thread page) to produce a very small image. :D

If you made the font for that teeny, tiny ANCHOR smaller....it wouldn't run off the side of the page the way it does Robyn. You can click on image properties and reduce the size. And yes, I realize not everyone has this problem. But you have a humougous font (that runs off the thread page) to produce a very small image. :D

I have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about. My signature looks fine on my computer :confused:

I have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about. My signature looks fine on my computer :confused:

I wondered waht he was talking about. The anchor looks fine on my screen, too! :rolleyes:

Good luck to everyone trying to get to and from a cruise.

Mine, too. :confused: ;) :p :D

My flight status is still "on time". My "guy" is outside plowing my driveway as I type. The sun is shining. Yes, there is wind, but "so far, so good!!!"

(Seriously, NO ONE would deserve having this happen to them TWICE. It was USAir LAST TIME, too. And if you don't know what I am talking about, I am going to release my signature on this post, so you can read about it.)

Not going well........

US Airways

Flight operated by US Airways

PHL

Scheduled8:40 PM Estimated 10:40 PMGate B4 FLL

Scheduled11:28 PM Estimated 1:28 AMGate E5 Delayed

CloseDelayed

LAT-FLIGHT DELAYED DUE TO A PRIOR AIR TRAFFIC DELAY Estimated time of departure is 10:40 PM.

Archived