Self-serve Laundromats on QM2

Trainman52

I just want to confirm that the self-serve laundromats on the QM2 are still available.

Thanks

Hi Trainman. As of the day we disembarked QM2 on 19 Dec, self-service washing machines (soap provided), dryers, ironing boards were available at no additional charge. Check your deck plan for the nearest facitility as laundry facilities are not situated on all decks.

Suggestions: Best to avoid peak washing hours when using the public laundry. Please be prompt in removing your clothes from the washer and dryer, or you will incur rath from your fellow passengers. As an alternive, send your laundry out to the ship laundry. They do a really good job IMHO. My personal custom is to pack cold water detergent, and wash my smalls in the cabin sink and hang then on the clothes line in the shower. Other items, I send to the ship laundry/dry cleaner. I've found (as others have reported) that the ship laundy does a fine job at a modest cost.

On my last voyage, in a leap of faith, I followed adivce given by experienced posters (thank you Capn Pugwash and others) and relied on the ship dry cleaning service to revive the gowns and dresses I had squashed into my suitcase. Amazing job the ship laundry provided in reviving those crused garments; prompt excellent service...kudos to QM2 laundry/dry cleaning staff!

Cheers,

Salacia

I believe there is a laundry room on the following decks:

Deck 4 - Starboard Forward

Deck 5 - Portside Aft

Deck 6 - Starboard Aft

Deck 8 - Portside Aft

Deck 10 – Forward

Deck11 - Portside Forward

The deck 6 laundromat is right down the passageway from us. We are almost in the same spot as on our last voyage.

Archived