Am I allowed to bring shampoo, body wash, etc?

Cop J

Just wondering if I am allowed to bring the big bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. I know some airlines don't allow you to bring certain sizes so I was unsure about carnival. I will be on the Carnival Pride on Jan 2nd.

Just wondering if I am allowed to bring the big bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. I know some airlines don't allow you to bring certain sizes so I was unsure about carnival. I will be on the Carnival Pride on Jan 2nd.

You're NOT allowed to bring your own shampoo and conditioner! You're supposed to use the one provided by Carnival and have dry, stringy, wire hair for the entire cruise!

Seriously speaking, not only are you allowed to bring your own shampoo and conditioner, I HIGHLY recommend it! As you can tell from what I wrote above, the stuff provided by Carnival is not the best quality. On our last cruise, every time we saw someone walking by with super frizzy hair, we would joke around saying: "Yep, I bet she just used Carnival shampoo...! :D"

Okay sounds good, thanks!

Just make sure they are in your checked luggage not carry-on because if it is more than a certain amount it will be confiscated. Better still, go to a drugstore when you arrive in the departure city and buy it.

Just make sure they are in your checked luggage not carry-on because if it is more than a certain amount it will be confiscated. Better still, go to a drugstore when you arrive in the departure city and buy it.

So if it's in your carry on it has to be a certain size but if it's in your checked luggage it's fine to have any size?

No, no clue where the poster got that info .. he must be thinking of soda and wine? Or the poster is thinking you mean onto the plane .. nothing to do with cruising.

It can be any size. I try to put it in smaller bottles just to lighten the load. You can bring anything you like in regards to shampoo and conditioner.

Yep. You can bring anything you want.

You can bring what you want, but put it in your checked baggage if you are flying, better yet if you get there a day early buy it when you get there, otherwise it will be taken away from you and you wont get it back (should you fly with more than 3-4 oz

I read through this thread and if I didn't know what the rules really were, I'd be mighty confused.

If you are flying, all the airlines restrict the size of liquids (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, anything else liquid and gel) that are in your carry- on. But you can bring any size liquids in your checked luggage. So if you're flying to a port city the day before and want shampoo, etc. in your carry-on, then you'd have to carry the tiny bottles -- 3 oz or less -- packed altogether in just one clear quart sized zip lock bag, to show as you go through airport security. You can have the large sized bottles in your checked luggage. (I always take brand new tightly sealed bottles, and put them into large zip bags, just in case they leak!)

If you're not flying, just driving to the port, you can carry on to the ship any size liquids you want in your carry-on. Just remember that you might have to tote them around for awhile until your cabin is ready.

I hope that clarifies things.

I read through this thread and if I didn't know what the rules really were, I'd be mighty confused.

If you are flying, all the airlines restrict the size of liquids (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, anything else liquid and gel) that are in your carry- on. But you can bring any size liquids in your checked luggage. So if you're flying to a port city the day before and want shampoo, etc. in your carry-on, then you'd have to carry the tiny bottles -- 3 oz or less -- packed altogether in just one clear quart sized zip lock bag, to show as you go through airport security. You can have the large sized bottles in your checked luggage. (I always take brand new tightly sealed bottles, and put them into large zip bags, just in case they leak!)

If you're not flying, just driving to the port, you can carry on to the ship any size liquids you want in your carry-on. Just remember that you might have to tote them around for awhile until your cabin is ready.

I hope that clarifies things.

Thanks for posting. I was just about to post something similar because there's a lot of confusing misinformation out there. Your post should be a sticky lol!

If you are flying on an airline there are many carry on restrictions, including 1 oz liquids. These restrictions do not apply to cruise ships. If flying on an airplane to port, put your shampoos and conditioners in checked on baggage or you can put them into little bottles that can be purchased at drugstore, supermarket, or other big box stores. Another option is purchasing said shampoo or conditioner at a salon near or at port town. :)

If you are flying on an airline there are many carry on restrictions, including 1 oz liquids. These restrictions do not apply to cruise ships. If flying on an airplane to port, put your shampoos and conditioners in checked on baggage or you can put them into little bottles that can be purchased at drugstore, supermarket, or other big box stores. Another option is purchasing said shampoo or conditioner at a salon near or at port town. :)

The limit is 3 oz on flights, NOT 1 oz. Uppitycat's post above contains accurate information.

Carnival does not have any size restrictions on shampoo, etc. They do provide shampoo and body wash in the showers. I admit, these aren't the greatest quality products, but I manage to live with them for a week. I do bring a full size bottle of conditioner with me, because I go through a lot of it....my hair would be one big tangly, frizzy mess without it! :eek:

Archived