Holland America Photo Contest on Facebook

510picker

Nice photo! I voted for it earlier and didn't know you were on CC. It's the only one that I really like. I thought it represented exactly what I like to see, feel and take in when I'm on my most favorite vacation.....a HAL cruise...beautiful scenery and a beautiful ship!!

I plan to vote for your pic every day...good luck !! :)

Thanks for the votes and the kind words about the photo. Some people on Facebook have accused me of "Photoshopping" the photo. The photo I submitted was straight out of the camera. Fortunately I have all of my photos from this cruise, including the one I submitted for the contest, in a gallery online at the link below. Anyone that has been to Half Moon Cay will recognize this little hut where I took this photo.

Thanks again for the votes and continue to do so through January 3rd!

http://www.pbase.com/510picker/october_2009_cruise

I like your photo, I too entered the contest, but I did not advance. Unfortunately as you said it is a popularity contest and I hope one day they have a true photography contest. That said yours is the only photo I like and I think it is worthy of the win. Good luck, I will be voting for you!

I haven't reviewed the other photos. But, I believe you have a very good chance of winning since their ship is in the background and you can clearly see the Holland America writing--advertising at its very best.

Unfortunately this is more of a popularity contest than an actual photo contest because the winner is determined by voters on Facebook, not from Holland itself.

Thanks everyone for the comments and votes!

Great photo! And, it's exactly what HAL would be looking for with the ship and younger passenger as they really want to get away from the reputation of being an old persons cruise ship.

I got a laugh from your statment because I agree with what you said, but what you don't see is this young passenger's husband (me) in the wheelchair taking the photo. I fit right in with the old folks! :)

original.jpg

Archived