Holland America Photo Contest on Facebook

510picker

Thanks for the votes! I did not post my photo at the online voting website. This whole thing has been a learning experience for me. I will never again enter a contest on Facebook. This seems to have brought out the worst in people. I appreciate the votes and support I've received from my Cruise Critic friends.

Thanks for the votes! I did not post my photo at the online voting website. This whole thing has been a learning experience for me. I will never again enter a contest on Facebook. This seems to have brought out the worst in people. I appreciate the votes and support I've received from my Cruise Critic friends.

Our family and friends have been voting for you. I admire your integrity and to not lower your values like some of the other contestants. We all felt yours was the best photo and that's why we voted. Like someone else said, you're #1 to us here!:)

I knew from the beginning this wasn't going to be a true photo contest due to the winner being chosen by popular vote and honestly never thought I would make it through the first round of voting. What I didn't know was how ugly it was going to get, but looking back now I'm really not surprised because of the nice prize the winner will get. People will do anything to win something free.

I've been through enough difficult stuff in life to have learned that if you look hard enough during those difficult times you can always find something good to come away with. My wife and I are amazed and touched by the amount of support and votes we've received. We are blessed with wonderful family, friends and extended friends. Thanks again to everyone that has voted for us!

I knew from the beginning this wasn't going to be a true photo contest due to the winner being chosen by popular vote and honestly never thought I would make it through the first round of voting. What I didn't know was how ugly it was going to get, but looking back now I'm really not surprised because of the nice prize the winner will get. People will do anything to win something free.

I've been through enough difficult stuff in life to have learned that if you look hard enough during those difficult times you can always find something good to come away with. My wife and I are amazed and touched by the amount of support and votes we've received. We are blessed with wonderful family, friends and extended friends. Thanks again to everyone that has voted for us!

If it makes you feel any better, I also entered a photo which I honestly thought was better than yours:o but I did not solicit any votes from anywhere, and I ended up voting for yours because you asked, LOL. There are people who take these contests very seriously and go all out to win whatever - we "normal" peeps just don't stand a chance.:( Glad to see you are able to count your blessings.

Found this on HAL's Facebook. Paying for votes. It is a lousy picture. Mine was almost the same and did not even make the cut.

Like + Click vote me for HAL (Manila)

Petsa: 2011-01-05, 10:33AM PHT

Tumugon sa: comm-uudqb-2144222670@craigslist.org [May mali kapag sumasagot sa mga ad?]

im pay for vote you give me,.please help me win HALLAND AMERICA LINE contest by click fasebook link::: http://apps.facebook.com/halcontest/contests/84491/voteable_entries/13639346.fbml?ogn=facebook&page=7

you vote i pay when you vote i thank u advance thank you vote please!!!!11

<3 Jocelyn

• Lokasyon Manila
  • HINDI ok na makipag-ugnayan sa poster na ito para sa mga serbisyo o ibang mga komersiyal na interes

3n13p13l95Y35W65U5b14560448d379341d79.jpg

PostingID: 2144222670

I saw that along with lots of other things accusing people of not playing fair. Did some people in the contest do things that I don't consider fair? From the information I have, the answer is yes, but how do I really know what other people did? Someone put my wife's entry on one of the vote getting websites without our consent. Maybe that happened to others as well. As soon as we found out about it, I sent an e-mail to the website asking them to remove it, which they prompty did. I don't know what other people did; I only know what we did. At the end of this contest we will have a clear conscience and that's what matters most to us.

I know I will never enter a Facebook contest based on popular vote again, but this hasn't changed my opinion of Holland America. I hope the winner of this contest has a fantastic time because I know Holland America knows how to put on a fantastic cruise!

Found this on HAL's Facebook. Paying for votes. It is a lousy picture. Mine was almost the same and did not even make the cut.

Like + Click vote me for HAL (Manila)

Petsa: 2011-01-05, 10:33AM PHT

Tumugon sa: comm-uudqb-2144222670@craigslist.org [May mali kapag sumasagot sa mga ad?]

im pay for vote you give me,.please help me win HALLAND AMERICA LINE contest by click fasebook link::: http://apps.facebook.com/halcontest/contests/84491/voteable_entries/13639346.fbml?ogn=facebook&page=7

you vote i pay when you vote i thank u advance thank you vote please!!!!11

<3 Jocelyn

• Lokasyon Manila
  • HINDI ok na makipag-ugnayan sa poster na ito para sa mga serbisyo o ibang mga komersiyal na interes

3n13p13l95Y35W65U5b14560448d379341d79.jpg

PostingID: 2144222670

:confused: What is special about this photo?

Just about all of us who have been to HMC have such a photo.

Honestly, the ship is so far in the distant, it's hard to say if it's even a HAL ship.....could be at another private island and another cruise line's ship. (Though it does seem to have a blue hull.)

Maybe the photo shown at facebook is larger and clearer?

I have no clue about this 'pay for vote' business but it does warrant some questions.

'5l0's' photo is sooo much better. Whole different league IMO

There's nothing special about the photo. The fullsize version is better quality and it is a HAL ship in the background. She did a better job of soliciting votes. I'll let HAL determine if her methods were fair or not.

On the brighter side of things, HAL is sending us a $200 gift card, which I assume is for finishing third. What we are truly amazed about is a gentleman on the HAL Facebook page has offered to pay for an Alaskan cruise for my wife and I in September. I guess there are several people on the HAL Facebook page going on this cruise and he offered to have us join him. We were both somewhat speechless when he offered that. It's nice to know that there are still good people in this world.

We too were very disappointed with the "contest" and I use that term very loosely! But to have someone Pay for votes? Their FB site says this is the winner "pending qualification or verification etc." If it is found that they solicited votes for $$ then they should be diqualified.......

We will not however, let this affect our opinion of HAL- nothing compares to our vacations on board those DAM ships!

Archived