What are YOUR Countdown Milestones?

Ithocles

On the 27th of next month, one month from today, we will be in Miami preparing ourselves for the cruise leaving on the 29th! I started this countdown over 150 days ago, so it feels very good to be this close.

Thinking of how close it feels today as compared to a few days ago made me wonder what countdowns you all really look forward to. For me, hitting double digits was pretty darn exciting. I thought 50 might be a little exciting, but not so much. This is the first I'm really feeling like it's just right around the corner. I guess the single digits are next...

What countdown milestones do you all look forward to?

-Danny

I only have to push the trash barrel out to the road (we live out in the country) 3 more times before our next cruise. I don't hate hauling the trash, but it's easier to think "only 3 more times" than to think only xx number of days. Oh and by the way...we should be in the teens soon too!!

With a countdown that started at 730 days ( :eek: ) I have a LOT of milestones...under 700, 600, 500, 400, only 1 more Ground Hog Day, only 1 more Christmas, etc., etc.. You get the idea! LOL

The one I am most looking forward to is single digits! :D

Fortunately, we haven't had a real long countdown, but we are down to 1 day, 12 hours, 21 minutes (not that I'm keeping track or anything :rolleyes:) until we leave for Charleston and then cruise this Saturday. :D

I hit the "TWO WEEKS" away mark last night. That seems fantastic since I booked the cruise 6 months prior to the actual sailing.

With just less than two weeks I am now counting down and writing down what needs to be done each day (mani/pedi, pack, dry cleaners, printing, house sitters, bank, meds, etc...)

Last night my husband said I was OBSESSED. oh yeah? well he wouldn't have half as much fun if I wasn't obsessed! ;-)

Haha, I'm lucky if I remember I'm going on a cruise any more than 2 weeks ahead of time. I tend to space these things. I also have a habit of not really researching where I'm going/staying. I went on my first cruise not really knowing what ports it went to. On my second one the only reason I knew was because it was the same as the first one. And, nope, I have no idea where my April cruise is going... I don't even know how long it is (it's either 3 or 4 days, I know that...).

When we originally booked this cruise it was for Feb. 2010 but then I had to have emergency surgery with unknown multiple follow-ups so my husband cancelled that and rebooked the one for Feb. 2011. I cannot believe it's in 2 months! Can't wait! First it was just out of my mind with everything going on, between work, flying for follow-ups, doctor visits, etc. and now there are no more doctor visits or flying.....just a wonderful countdown to our cruise!!! Hopefully this time, NOTHING gets in our way!

Sorry got carried away!

When we originally booked this cruise it was for Feb. 2010 but then I had to have emergency surgery with unknown multiple follow-ups so my husband cancelled that and rebooked the one for Feb. 2011. I cannot believe it's in 2 months! Can't wait! First it was just out of my mind with everything going on, between work, flying for follow-ups, doctor visits, etc. and now there are no more doctor visits or flying.....just a wonderful countdown to our cruise!!! Hopefully this time, NOTHING gets in our way!

Sorry got carried away!

I am so very happy for you! All that worrying is now behind you and you and your guy can really enjoy yourselves. Have a wonderful cruise!

We had an earlier countdown because our cruise on the Splendor canceled in November because of the fire so we had to re-start our countdown. But now we are in the single digits for our 1/1/11 cruise on the Dream.

I don't like scheduling holidays too far out into the future. I'd prefer a month, two at the most.

Under a hundred days is when I start getting excited....and the anxiety kicks in about not losing weight ...haha!

But I like fun countdowns :p

I only have one more filter change until my next cruise! (HVAC 3-month filter)

I only have 3 more hair appts (monthly)

I only have 6 more paychecks (YIKES!!!!)

When we originally booked this cruise it was for Feb. 2010 but then I had to have emergency surgery with unknown multiple follow-ups so my husband canceled that and rebooked the one for Feb. 2011. I cannot believe it's in 2 months! Can't wait! First it was just out of my mind with everything going on, between work, flying for follow-ups, doctor visits, etc. and now there are no more doctor visits or flying.....just a wonderful countdown to our cruise!!! Hopefully this time, NOTHING gets in our way!

Sorry got carried away!

I am so very happy for you! All that worrying is now behind you and you and your guy can really enjoy yourselves. Have a wonderful cruise!

Thanks!! We're looking forward to this like no other, since it's been quite a year! Can't wait for 'next year' to come so I can say we cruise next month!

Archived