RCCL's new site format?

RCCL has changed the format of their site. I must admit that I found it more time comsuming to locate or research cruises with the new format. In fact it is confusing to say the least. Does anyone else feel the same way or is it just me?

You are not alone: I think it sucks, BIG TIME. It takes much longer to get the information, and my computer runs really slow on this part of their web site. I hope they fix it.

The only problem I have had with it, is that it still will, as of yesterday, not let us look at Cruise enhancement????????

I did have some strange things on my reservations, they us as two children LOL, I called RC, I guess it was Christmas eve or Christmas day, and as I pulled the cruises up again, it went from two children, to one adult and a child and then finally to 2 adults, almost right before my eyes. The girl I talked to said she saw the two children on it as well but blame it on a major power outage?????? a major corporation web site that vulnerable to power?

RCCL's new website is certainly not an upgrade. Yes it has nice pretty graphics and colors but who cares. I need speed, speed, speed!!! The old search was much more efficient.

As an IT professional and a part time TA this makes me crazy. Their system has serious performance issues. Obviously it was never stress tested to see if it could handle the inputs quickly. In the IT world speed = money. The slower the system the more expensive it is in wasted time which converts directly to wasted dollars. I'm hoping this is just growing pains and will go away. It appears that their servers are not robust enough to run all those graphics at very high speeds. And what's up with the way it searches? You click Caribbean and it searches for EVERY Caribbean cruise. At least allow all the search parameters to be entered and then let the user hit SEARCH.

I agree with everyone who dislikes the "new" website. I guess this is proof that everything that is new is not always better.

Maybe they are still trying to iron out the bugs. Not only is it really sloooooooooooow, but, it seems to forget options. Click one of the search options and after taking forever to update the results other search options previously selected drop off.

I am also amazed by how often the site is down during the day. I would think they would shut it down for maintenance sometime over night rather than during the day. That's why I think they may be trying to iron out the bugs. Could could critical problems and they don't want to wait until no one is using it.

What I don't understand about the website change is that it is so slow/frustrating/diffiicult to use that it will discourage customers from booking directly online. And isn't that the most cost saving way for the company to have people book? I mean no travel agency fee, no cost of an employee or contract employee to book cruise. What gives?

I definitely started to book most of my cruises with RCL online, direct. The last several ones were done in that manner. I guess they really don't want us to do that anymore.

What I don't like is that you can't go in and look at excursions before you book a cruise. You used to be able to do that, and it helped us decide whether we wanted to go on an RCCL cruise or not. Our cruise isn't booked yet (waiting for annual bonus to come through) but we would like to show friends what they would be able to do or see on the cruise if they went with us. Bummer!:(

Archived